The EnCorps STEM Teachers Program transitions skilled professionals in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) into public school teaching through professional development, early field experience, teacher credentialing support and connections to our network of schools. We are working to close the achievement gap by putting passionate STEM professionals into classrooms in high need schools so they can pass their knowledge onto future leaders in these industries. As a mission- driven non-profit organization, we empower STEM professionals to transform public education byteaching in high needs schools.
The Southern California Recruitment Coordinator is a full time (40 hours/week) position ideally located in the Los Angeles area. The Recruitment Coordinator will own outreach and the entire candidate process for our Southern California regions: Greater Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego. The Recruitment Coordinator will work alongside a Northern California Recruitment Coordinator and report to the Statewide Recruitment Director. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drive and implement all recruiting activities in Southern California, including online and in person strategies.
- Manage online posting for Southern California.
- Deliver recruitment webinars and presentations.
- Identify, contact, and network with relevant local and regional professional associations, businesses, workforce development services, graduate programs, and other recruitment partners.
- Represent EnCorps at local and regional conferences, job fairs, and other recruitment-related events. When appropriate, conduct in-person presentations to audiences who may be interested in learning about EnCorps.
- Schedule and lead in-person interview days in Southern California, including training new interviewers, booking venues, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all applicant and candidate questions in Southern California. Handle all candidate communication and follow-up.
- Ensure that high-quality messages are delivered across the different channels of phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Collaborate with the recruitment team to revise and improve the organization’s recruitment strategy.
- Collaborate with the recruitment and communications teams to ensure that organizational messaging is high quality, consistent, and effective at attracting and retaining qualified candidates to EnCorps.
- Meticulously maintain accurate data on applicant recruitment and candidate matriculation.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for EnCorps.
Benefits of Working at EnCorps:
Be part of a hard-working and entrepreneurial culture with hardworking, fun and passionate people.
- Work from home
- Create your own flexible schedule
- You will be equipped with tools from EnCorps including a cell phone and laptop
- Mileage reimbursement for driving
- Room for growth within the organization
- Your ideas and opinions matter
We are seeking candidates who believe deeply in our organization's mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a record of achievement. Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- 1-2 years of prior recruitment experience
- Preferred: Prior teaching experience, non-profit experience, or knowledge of the education community
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- The ability to learn quickly, take initiative, work in a fast paced environment and multi-task effectively
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Flexibility and the ability to work well independently while collaborating with others on meeting common goals
- Excellent communication, writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent skills working with computers, including a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and CRMs (Salesforce). Experience with digital platforms (Google Suite) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Ability to analyze data and be able to identify and report trends and patterns to inform future recruiting
- A willingness to work non-standard hours and/or occasional evenings
- Regional travel within SoCal (40%) and within California (10%), reliable transportation required
EnCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or any other factor irrelevant to doing fantastic work.