JOB TITLE: Social Enterprise Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Healing Arts Program Manager
STATUS: Part time
SUMMARY: Safe Place for Youth supports youth, ages 12-25, to transition off the streets and into stable housing situations and employment. Trauma-informed care, peer-led programming, positive youth development and low-barrier programs offered at Safe Place for Youth are seen as a first step to engage youth experiencing or at-risk of homelessness into a continuum of supportive services. Safe Place for Youth has been growing steadily and is now at a crossroads at which it seeks to dramatically accelerate growth.
The Social Enterprise Coordinator will coordinate all programming related to the SPY’s Social Enterprise, Color of Hope Collective. The Coordinator will be responsible for putting systems in place for tracking inventory, updating the social enterprise website and ensuring smooth sale of items. The Coordinator will also engage community members, shop owners and local entrepreneurs to expand the reach of the product line. The coordinator will work closely with other contractors and staff to develop products and plans for the future of the social enterprise. This role will also support other needs of the Healing Arts and Community Garden Programs as necessary.
- Develop necessary systems for a successful business and growth of Color of Hope Collective, including creating a tracking system for products and managing an art collection
- Using the feasibility report and business/marketing plan, develop a plan for creating sellable and reproducible product(s)
- Identify market for sellable products and schedule classes that generate these items
- Create marketing materials and social media presence
- Work with Development Department to raise funds and sell items at events
- Evaluate youth needs and coordinate visiting instructors to teach classes that will develop sellable art
- Collaborate with Garden Manager to align with Garden Program social enterprise items, classes and programs.
- Coordinate and plan art shows and other events
- Manage social enterprise website and product photography
- Connect with donors, art collectors and other members of the community
- Search for sustainable funding for Social Enterprise program and Coordinator role
- Work with business and marketing partners and volunteers to create short and long term business plan and marketing strategy
- Attend quarterly staff meetings and required trainings
- Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience or degree in business, art or related field.
- 2+ years experience in business and system creation, inventory tracking and retail knowledge.
- Knowledge of marketing and visual art.
- Experience using spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
- Experience managing website and photography knowledge a plus.
- Ability to maintain appropriate, professional and safe boundaries
- A self-starter who is prepared to drive innovative solutions for an emerging organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment that requires effective collaboration with a variety of organizations and individuals
- Able to communicate effectively and respectfully in a context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Work within established legal and ethical guidelines
- 1+ years experience providing direct services to high-risk youth preferred