Students Run LA (SRLA) creates a safe, supportive community at 185+ public schools, welcoming more than 3,200 students of all backgrounds and abilities to train alongside their volunteer mentors to complete the Los Angeles Marathon. Through this life-changing experience, students discover their best selves and learn how to make plans for the future.
A small team of five full-time staff handle the administration and operation of the SRLA program from its office in Tarzana.
SRLA seeks a highly-organized and detail-oriented leader to serve as the Director of Operations. This position manages day-to-day office activity and plays a critical role in supporting finance, administrative, and HR activities. The Director of Operations is an important voice for SRLA, often serving as the first point-of-contact for external parties. Candidates should be self-motivated and outcome-oriented, with a strong commitment to SRLA’s mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Functions Day-to-Day Management
- Manage office needs and provide support, including ordering and organizing supplies; maintaining equipment and reception.
- Maintain organizational lists, calendars, manuals, and files.
Financial Management & Sustainability
- Coordinate in-house accounting/bookkeeping function, including recordkeeping.
- Coordinate month-end reconciliation of books and records with outside accountant.
- Manage the accounts payable and check disbursement process, including for the SRLA Scholarship Program.
- Manage the accounts receivable (including grants receivable) and cash receipts process, including invoicing and oversight of bank deposits.
- Participate in annual audit process and help to ensure that appropriate fiscal procedures are established, practiced, and maintained to safeguard SRLA.
Human Resources & Risk Management
- Coordinate semi-monthly payroll using payroll processing system.
- Maintain HR records, including electronic and hard copy files.
- Coordinate consultant agreements from development through execution.
- Manage process for maintaining insurance policies, such as D&O, property, etc.
- Oversee the application process and administer the financial awards for the SRLA Scholarship Program and Honda Dream Scholarship Program.
- Working in collaboration with the Development Director, develop and administer periodic student surveys and compile results.
- Oversee and manage various catered events.
- Represent the organization at public races and other public venues, as needed.
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization externally, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combined education/experience
- At least five (5) years in a related field; bookkeeping experience required
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections, a plus
- Commitment to and experience with nonprofit organizations
- Experience working with accounting software, such as QuickBooks Online, maintaining databases, and cloud-based project management and file storage applications
- Full-time position (FLSA: Exempt).
- Reports to Executive Director.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience. Health benefits & generous vacation/sick time. Minimal travel required.