The Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the Los Angeles Parks Foundation’s fundraising including, foundation grant writing, annual fund, corporate and event sponsorships, planned giving, special events and year-end appeals. The Manager works closely with the Executive Director in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Commitment to the mission of the Los Angeles Parks Foundation;
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills;
- Knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and grant writing;
- The skill to work well with a variety of people including staff and city employees;
- Have the desire to build new donor and corporate relationships;
- Be a “self-starter” and goal-driven to initiate donor engagement and fundraising;
- Be organized, detail-oriented and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals;
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills;
- Ability to interface and engage with diverse community groups and donor groups;
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff within the Foundation and with the City of Los Angeles departments and elected Council officers and staff;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- 5 years or equivalent experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors;
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- With management approval begin to strategize and build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies;
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives;
- Coordinate fund raising and committed sponsorships for special events;
- Work closely with Executive Director and board development committee;
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the LAPF with the community as requested by Executive Director;
- Oversee and manage fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Collaborate with staff within the organization and with city department staff.
- Collaborate with staff in creation of publications to support fund-raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Los Angeles Parks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
This is a full-time position with a salary of $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year.