Fostering Media Connections (FMC) is a nonprofit news organization that uses a mix of investigative and accountability journalism to shine a light on the systems that serve vulnerable children, youth and their families.
We report and produce our own coverage, which is published in The Chronicle of Social Change, Fostering Families Today and special issue magazines. Beyond producing stories, FMC employs an aggressive dissemination strategy to see its stories re-published or referenced in other media outlets.
Position Purpose and Summary
The Account Manager’s primary function is to sell subscriptions to and sponsorships in FMC publications by building relationships with public and private entities across the nation. The Account Manager is also responsible for securing sponsorships for special events, single-issue magazines and webinars.
- Networking within child welfare, foster family agency, and adoption communities
- Proactively approaching prospective clients through phone calls, emails and in-person meetings on a daily basis, ensuring an active pipeline of at least 50 prospects at all times
- Captures and keeps client information up to date in Salesforce by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients
- Responsible for subscription and sponsorship renewals and achieving renewal retention goals for current and new FMC publications
- Provide clients with proposals for sponsorship products or services
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients
- Travel to and exhibit at conferences and events, as needed
- Advise FMC team regarding advertising packages and pricing
- Collect artwork from sponsors
- Deliver sponsorship or illustration proofs to clients for approval
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts
- Identify potential clients to offer sponsorship and subscription opportunities
- Conduct national research to gather information on prospective clients
- Create and maintain a database of prospective and current clients
- Track developments in the field related to child welfare print and online publications
- Enroll agencies in subscription/sponsorship products, including the creation of user accounts
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
- Ensure print mailing lists are kept current
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to travel periodically to conferences, events, meetings with clients
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must demonstrate initiative
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must demonstrate self-confidence and sensitivity when communicating with potential clients
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (or similar software)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales or related
- General knowledge of the child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health systems a plus
Compensation and Benefits
The Account Manager will earn a base salary of $45,000 to $53,000, depending on experience. They will have the opportunity to earn quarterly and year-end bonuses based on performance and total sales.
Fostering Media Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. FMC does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind in the workplace. Applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply.