Position Summary: Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Associate will be responsible for supporting a variety of development activities, including donor relations and communications, event management, donor database maintenance and oversight, grant proposal and report writing, and related organizational activities. Self-motivation, flexibility, attention to detail, communication skills, and the ability to handle successfully competing priorities are essential to this position.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Departmental Support: Ensuring that the Development Department has the resources and supports it needs, including scheduling, records maintenance, interfacing with vendors, and coordinating with others within the organization.
- Donor Database Oversight & Quality Control: Maintaining and managing the fundraising database (currently Salesforce) for the department, including quality control of data entry, producing gift acknowledgements, producing data reports, and ensuring that Development records align with those of the Finance Department.
- Donor Relations & Special Events: Supporting donor relations and special events production.
- Foundation Relations: Supporting foundation relations and assisting with grants management.
- Organizational: Participate in organization-wide planning, development, and communication activities, as needed and ensure adherence to Advancement Project goals and policies within the project area.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily each essential job function assigned. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sincere and demonstrated commitment to advancing social, economic, and/or racial justice progress for the highest-need communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal, written, analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. • Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality work product on a consistent, reliable basis in a fast-paced work environment with ambitious goals.
- Demonstrated success in multitasking and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- A demonstrated interest in the fundraising profession is required; employment and/or volunteer experience or academic preparation preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with databases, preferably with those that track donors and/or customers.
- Acute attention to detail with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional manner with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment and spirit of cooperation
Competitive compensation depending on experience. Includes full health, dental and retirement benefits.