Allies for Every Child (Allies) exists to give at-risk children and children living in poverty the foundation they need to increase their life choices and lead fulfilling lives. For over 25 years, Allies has been providing thousands of at-risk children and their families with critical, high-quality early education programs (including comprehensive Early Head Start services), family strengthening interventions, foster care and adoption services, and a range of vital, integrated services, including educational assessments, disabilities screenings, early childhood mental health consultation and services, nutrition, dental and vision screenings, and pediatric health consultations.
The Executive Assistant & Social Media Specialist is responsible for providing a full range of administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), including drafting content for internal and external communications (e.g. agency and CEO social media channels).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide a broad array of administrative support to CEO:
- Manage an active calendar of appointments
- Liaise with board of directors and other contacts on behalf of the CEO
- Anticipate, plan for, and support the CEO for upcoming commitments; prepare materials for internal and external meetings
- Develop and maintain appropriate document filing systems for the executive office, while ensuring compliance with records retention procedures and other agency policies and legal or contract requirements
- Prioritize flow of information for CEO’s review; conserve CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence/signature requests; draft original and routine correspondence; collect and analyze information; etc.
- Take clear and concise minutes as needed
- Arrange detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Complete expense reports, invoices, and other required documentation
- Take on special projects to support implementation of Allies’ strategic and annual plans, and other undertakings as needed
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality at all times (this position will have access to highly
- confidential information)
- Develop relationships with key Allies staff members and external contacts
- Provide front desk coverage and mail processing support to reception/operations team as needed; provide support to ensure office functioning (supply stock, etc.)
Provide communications support to CEO:
- Support CEO’s internal and external communications designed to keep key agency stakeholders and public informed of the agency’s work by reading/gathering data and articles, drafting, and editing
- Stay abreast of local, state and national conversations/research in the fields of foster care/adoption, child welfare, and early education
- Working closely with the CEO and Development Manager, build CEO and agency presence on social media channels, including staying up-to-date on and implementing best practices, monitoring and briefing CEO on news and social media related to agency’s work, and drafting posts in CEO’s voice to elevate agency’s work
- Develop/edit presentations, documents and reports for the CEO as required
- Draft original and routine correspondence for CEO’s review
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Model the Standard of Conduct Policy when interacting with parents, community members and colleagues
- Believe in and act in accordance with both the Agency's and the programs’ mission/vision statements, adopted theoretical frameworks, and philosophy
- Ensure safety is a priority in performing all job responsibilities
- Evening and weekend work as required
- In accordance with our "team" philosophy, the person filling this position may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of stable administrative experience preferred; at least 2 years’ executive assistant or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent phone manner, professional appearance, and ability to represent the agency in a positive, proficient manner is essential; Direct customer service experience a plus; direct customer service experience preferred
- Demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and discretion when interacting with colleagues, executives, clients, funders, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, complete work accurately, meet deadlines, and follow through.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled at writing, analyzing, and synthesizing information, and proof reading and editing documents
- Flexible and collaborative
- Demonstrate proactive approach to problem-solving
- Experience with non-profit organizations (as an employee or volunteer) a plus
- Experience working with diverse groups and populations a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus, but not required
- Strong computer skills
- Be passionate about learning and curious about issues affecting children and families
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and families who are served by our agency.
- Fingerprint background clearance (DOJ, FBI & Child Abuse Clearance Index), or approved exemption
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, PPD risk assessment, immunizations for influenza, pertussis and measles
- Class “C” driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation required
Allies for Every Child actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we
serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion.
We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is
essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful,
responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race,
ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography,
socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.