The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Winners will be announced on June 4, 2019.
Check out the entries!
Who we are: For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
• Helping communities create 300,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
• Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
• Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Community Investment Officer in Los Angeles.
Why we need you: CSH is seeking a creative, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and the work of the Community Investment Team. We need your expertise to originate loans for quality supportive housing developments and provide assistance to government partners in shaping financing and development policies and programs to create stronger systems that support and expedite the production of supportive housing. Specific requirements include:
• Advance CSH’s strategic priorities through your Community Investment Officer role, including building the supportive housing industry by leading trainings and workshops, representing CSH at conferences and events, and working closely with colleagues on special projects, innovative ideas and programs that advance the creation of supportive housing in Los Angeles and beyond;
• Market CSH’s loan products and expertise resulting in a robust lending pipeline which you will help monitor and manage;
• Analyze project feasibility and the capacity of development teams and propose loan structures that meet borrower needs while advancing CSH’s strategic priorities and credit policies;
• Underwrite, present, and recommend project loans for approval;
▪ Coordinate planning and policy efforts with public officials including the City of Los Angeles’ Housing and Community Investment Department (HCID) and the County of Los Angeles’ Community Development Commission (LACDC);
• Garner feedback from developers on barriers to community development including identifying suitable development sites and fostering support from local communities for proposed plans; and
• Comment on proposed plans, policies and programs with a focus on zoning and land use ordinances that incentivize and support the creation of supportive housing.
How we work: All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Do you have:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in low income or supportive housing development, underwriting or financing field.
• Bachelor degree preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
• Extensive knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and familiarity with state and other federally funded affordable housing finance programs.
• Familiarity with the entitlement process, zoning and planning and challenges for low- income or supportive housing developers.
• Familiarity or interest in issues related to supportive housing including homelessness, low income housing development, finance, state and local housing finance policies, service needs, community development and planning, mental illness, AIDS, harm reduction or public housing.
• Success in building quality teams, trusted relationships and setting and managing performance and mentoring and coaching development partners in the areas of real estate development and housing finance issues.
CSH staff are mission driven, we take initiative, pursue goals with minimal supervision and are adept at managing multiple assignments effectively.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer