Getty Marrow Curatorial Programs Internship
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Internship - Full Time for a consecutive ten-week work period between June and August 2022.
- Los Angeles
Under the supervision of 18SAC’s Director of Exhibition and Residency Programs Frida Cano, the 2022 Getty Marrow Curatorial Programs Intern will provide curatorial and program support for several exhibitions at our airport galleries: an exhibition featuring CA based artist Ranu Mukherjee at the Propeller Gallery; and a group exhibition entitled “Imaginary Dwellings” co-curated by Marvella Muro and Natalie Godinez.
The intern will have hands-on experience in the production of an art exhibition, including studio visits, interviews, selection process, loan agreements, installation, and more. The intern will be supported with regular check-in sessions, regular weekly staff and project meetings, and two reflective, informal progress report meetings as well as a final, formal exit interview. Communications will be conducted via Zoom, email, and in-person as needed for work.
The intern will work closely with internationally recognized artists, seasoned arts professionals, and gain insight into the workings of a mid-sized non-profit arts organization, including exhibitions and residency programs, social and public practice, performance art, community-based outreach, and event production. Work hours are M-F 9am-5pm, including a one-hour lunch break. This is a full-time (40hrs/wk) position for a ten-week work period from June through August, 2021. Schedule flexibility to accommodate occasional evening or weekend events is expected. Please apply on our website at http://18thstreet.org/apply with a resume, cover letter, 3 writing samples, and three references.
- Be of a group underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent;
- Be currently enrolled undergraduates. Students must have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college by June 2022. Students graduating in May or June 2022 are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; and
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident. Students with DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival) status valid through the internship period are also eligible.
Terms: The internships are full-time (40 hours/week) positions, each with a stipend of $6,400, for a consecutive ten-week work period between June and August 2022.
Please apply on our website at http://18thstreet.org/apply with a resume, cover letter, three references, and 3 writing samples (PDF only please). When applying, select “Getty Marrow Curatorial Programs Internship”). Applications are due April 22 by noon.