Reports to: Vice President of Development
The Development Coordinator is part of a high performing team, responsible for coordinating fundraising events and activities generated by the LA’s BEST City Hall Office. This position also supports the Development Department overall activities and acts as a secondary liaison, representing the organization with boards, donors and vendors.
Coordinate overall development activities including:
- Event Support
- Support events as assigned under direction of the Director of Fundraising Events and VP of Development. This includes working with event vendors, staff, committees, and volunteers.
- Maintain event tracking reports to ensure accurate budgeting and projection processes
- Assist in producing and distributing event collateral including invitations, brochures, sponsorship materials, nametags, etc. Initiate and coordinate support from Director of Communications and outside designers as necessary.
- Research and outreach to event vendors and activations (auctions, digital ad/tributes, text-to-give, etc.)
- Reconcile data with Finance on a regular basis to prepare post-event recap reports
- Manage timely acknowledgement process for donors
- Provide guidance to event related volunteers
- Cultivation & Stewardship Support
- Liaison with LA’s BEST/LAUSD Operations staff for Donor/Partner Site Visits
- Assist with managing multiple external partners and facilitating the completion of partnership deliverables
- Research prospective donors and other fundraising sources, preparing documentation and materials for meetings and presentations as necessary
- Prepares donor folders for events and meetings
- Participates in solicitation and stewardship campaigns, prepare gifts, writing thank you notes or making calls to donors
- Draft solicitation materials, stewardship reports, and executive briefings for all fundraising activities
- Maintain department calendar
- Attend committee meetings. This also includes recording minutes.
- Coordinates departmental and project/event budgets by gathering, tracking and monitoring data.
- Recruit and supervise interns
- Participate in Development Department activities and contribute as needed
- Provide administrative support as requested
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of professional working experience
- Proficient with donor databases (Raisers Edge preferred)
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer and digital skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- A flexible schedule which includes some nights and weekends.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of LA’s BEST
LA’s BEST Afterschool Enrichment Program
Explore. Engage. Expand.
For 30 years, LA’s BEST has provided safe, supervised afterschool enrichment for more than 25,000 unique and talented elementary school students in neighborhoods with the highest needs and fewest resources. Through our deliberately developed programming and staff, we build the kind of deep intellectual, creative, physical and social engagement in children that drives their development as motivated learners and active contributors to their education, schools and communities. This is reflected in concrete measures such as school attendance and graduation rates, and in equally critical measures of self-confidence, curiosity and wonder, and enhanced senses of purpose, drive and self-worth.