The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
The winners have been announced!
Check out the winners
Bend the Arc is a movement of progressive Jews across America who are building a country that lives up to our values of justice and equality for all. We are the only national Jewish organization focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S.
Our vision at Bend the Arc is to build and activate Jewish power to help transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. But we live in a moment when the President and his allies in Congress are fanning bigotry and hatred, and their disregard for democracy, religious freedom, and human rights present an existential threat to our values and our country. As Jews, our history and moral tradition call us to be bold and courageous in the face of this threat — we know it will take many of us, coming together to take collective action alongside partners in frontline communities, to resist and to win.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values; and Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with volunteer-led local groups organizing nationwide.
Position: The Jeremiah Fellowship, a part- time six month leadership development program, plays a key role in building Bend the Arc’s base of skilled and informed leaders. The Jeremiah Fellowship offers young adult Jews committed to social justice the opportunity to lead organizing work in their city and explore how Jewish values, culture and community can support and further their goals, and teaches them critical leadership skills while taking part in Bend the Arc’s social, economic, and racial justice campaigns and advocacy.
The primary function of the Administrative Assistant is to provide support for the Jeremiah Fellowship. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting the organization’s events and campaigns through data management and digital promotion, and providing basic administrative support to the Los Angeles office.
▪ Provide administrative support for the Jeremiah Fellowship
▪ Support execution of contracts, reports, and payments
▪ Oversee logistics for bi-annual national Jeremiah Fellowship overnight retreats, including securing retreat sites, organizing participant and staff travel for up to 100 people, communicating with vendors, and other administrative duties as needed
▪ Collect all online or print materials for monthly Jeremiah Fellowship training sessions
▪ Provide general support for events, campaigns, and teams as needed
▪ Facilitate resolution of IT issues in office by liaising with IT support and tracking progress
▪ Post events to Bend The Arc national and regional websites
▪ Update and maintain donor and volunteer platform as needed
▪ Order office supplies, send packages, and log expenses
▪ Create flyers and provide assistance in creation of print materials
▪ Maintain organized systems for materials, documents, and supplies in the Los Angeles office
▪ Other organizational administrative duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
▪ Previous administrative/office management experience
▪ Highly organized and resourceful
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
▪ Excellent project management skills- able to track multiple projects simultaneously
▪ Excellent attention to detail
▪ Proficient computer skills with Google Platforms (drive, hangouts, gmail, etc.)
▪ Experience with NationBuilder or similar
▪ Experience with travel coordination preferred
▪ Experience working with social justice, economic justice, racial justice or Jewish organizations preferred
▪ Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
Compensation and Hours: Schedule is 24 hours per week, working at least three days a week in the Bend the Arc office. Schedule can be flexible and negotiated but must be approved in advance by supervisor. Occasional evening or weekend hours possible based on need. Salary is $20.00 per hour.
Benefits: Paid vacation and paid sick leave available. Health benefits are not available for part-time positions.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected] with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.