The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
The winners have been announced!
Check out the winners
Homeboy Industries provides hope, training, and support to formerly gang-involved and previously incarcerated men and women allowing them to redirect their lives and become contributing members of our community. Each year over 8,000 former gang members and former incarcerated individuals from across Los Angeles come through Homeboy Industries’ doors to make a positive change. They are welcomed into a community of mutual kinship, love, and a wide variety of services ranging from tattoo removal to parenting classes.
The Photographer is responsible for producing high quality digital images representing Homeboy Industries’ clients, products, staff, social enterprises and facilities in accordance to brand guidelines. The Photographer reports to the Sr. Marketing Manager and is a key player on the Marketing Team. Through working closely with the Social Media/Marketing Coordinator they supply images and video content for use across online and offline channels.
The Photographer is also responsible for the selection, editing, and archival of all visual imagery including photography and videography. As the primary archivist for the organization, the Photographer plays an integral role in ensuring all images are tagged, categorized and organized in an accessible and efficient way to allow for easy access by anyone within (or outside) the organization.
• Provide photographic support for organizational events including, but not limited to: Global Homeboy Network, Annual 5K, Lo Máximo, fundraising events, etc. as well as ongoing organizational priorities such as: Social Enterprises, Monthly Donor Newsletter, Website and Social Media posts.
• Capture candid imagery as well as portraits of clients and staff upon request by Marketing Team or Executive Staff.
• Adhere to organizational best practices and ethics when working directly with clients and their family. Maintaining a relationship of trust and respect to ensure images are as authentic, natural and honest as possible.
• Maintain and protect photography equipment by providing basic, routine maintenance on cameras, lenses, etc. and ensuring their safety from damage or theft.
• Ensure a high level of technical quality and aesthetics for all photography created and distributed.
• Ensure all visuals used on HBI branded websites and in marketing collateral are copyright protected and/or permission guaranteed.
• Photograph products and/or clients for Homeboy Industries online sites and offline marketing collateral.
• Serve as a steward of brand imagery ensuring all photos and videos adhere to company brand guidelines.
• Work directly with vendors and/or agencies who request access to Homeboy Industries imagery. Following through with the vendor/agency to ensure all desired assets are received and any requisite copyright and permissions requests have been carried through.
• Provide creative support to Social Media & Marketing Coordinator on complex assignments.
• Maintain relationships with volunteer photographers. Managing them during events and on projects, as needed.
• Create and update design files as needed. • Upload videos and images onto social media sites as needed.
Asset Management: 25%
• Upload, edit, tag and archive photos/videos immediately in preparation for use by internal staff and external partners.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for image requests by media, partners, staff, etc.
• Negotiate permissions rights while working with volunteer and external photographers and videographers to ensure all video and photography provided is edited and archived appropriately.
• Work with IT Director to ensure data storage is optimized.
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience with an emphasis on product and portrait work
• Knowledge of digital cameras, lighting and photography experience required
• Expert level experience with Adobe Photoshop and other photo/video editing software • Attention to detail and a creative eye is a MUST
• Self-starter that can manage tasks and time with minimal supervision
• Team player who thinks ahead to ensure photo opportunities are used to maximum potential
• Ability to work under pressure with deadlines and the willingness to work overtime when required
• Solid decision making skills
• A can-do, positive attitude!
If interested, please email cover letter, resume, and any relevant work samples to [email protected]