The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Public voting has started!
Vote by April 29, 2019
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Programs is responsible for the development, management, and delivery of the organization’s programs.
The ideal candidate has ability and vision to further develop and enhance CAUSE programs. The position calls for an individual with experience in program curriculum development, management, and execution as well as personnel management. CAUSE seeks candidates with a solid understanding of the political landscape in Southern California as well as a strong desire to empower Asian Pacific Americans (APA) to participate in civic and political spaces.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop the overall direction and vision of CAUSE programs in accordance with the organization’s mission and goals
• Consistently engage relevant stakeholders in discussion and strategizing for program development purposes
• Establish short and long-term program goals and objectives
• Develop key curriculum building materials
• Incorporate past program evaluations, data, and feedback into program curriculums to ensure continued growth
• Oversee the development and implementation of an outreach strategy for the purposes of program participant and facilitator/speaker recruitment purposes
• Support with the development of program-related marketing materials
• Cultivate, manage, and maintain key relationships with community partners; media contacts; program-related speakers and workshop facilitators; program participants and alumni; and potential donors/funders
• Conduct market and community research when necessary
• Produce memos for all program related research/analyses
• Direct regular program impact analysis
• Routinely modify and improve program curriculums, structures, and processes as deemed necessary by results of program analyses
• Set key deadlines to ensure the quality outcomes for all programs
• Oversee the production of program materials and details
• Maintain an awareness of overall program budget
• Ensure program details are communicated to all relevant stakeholders
• Ensure the overall high quality and success of the organization’s core programs
• Lead and direct program speakers and/or workshop facilitators
• Ensure the quality of day-of program details, vendor coordination, and management of program participants
• Monitor and control program schedules and deadlines
Personnel Management (30%)
• Manage and train supporting program staff
• Ensure high quality of work and productivity of supporting program staff
• Conduct performance evaluations for program staff
• Support CAUSE with its general fundraising and revenue-generating events and initiatives
• Exercise use of good judgment will respect to making program-related financial decisions
• Some program-related grant writing will be required
• Must hold a Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of personnel and nonprofit program management preferred
• Fluency in an Asian language is desirable
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• High proficiency in Google Apps (Mail, Docs, Calendar, Drive)
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Attention to details and deadline-oriented
Full Time Exempt, 40 Hours/Week*
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits included.
*Retirement benefits effective after 1 year vesting period.
The position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
* Employee expected to travel and work extended hours and on weekends as necessary.
Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment (CAUSE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan, community-based organization with a mission to advance the civic and political empowerment of the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through voter outreach, training, and education, as well as leadership development.
Individuals interested in this position should submit a cover letter, résumé, and professional writing sample to
Equal Employment Opportunity
CAUSE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.