The mission of SCS Noonan Scholars is to help high-achieving, low-income, underrepresented students to get into and graduate from top colleges equipped to reach their full career potential. Through a two-part, six-year-long program, SCS Noonan Scholars provides students with college counseling and intensive academic preparation before college and a comprehensive set of academic, personal, social-emotional, financial, and career supports throughout college. This continuum of support directly addresses the unique barriers they face in entering and succeeding at selective colleges and in competitive careers.
SCS Noonan Scholars seeks a creative, articulate, organized and passionate Stewardship Manager responsible for the stewardship for all institutional and individual donors, including SCS Noonan’s Board of Trustees and Board of Directors. The Stewardship Manager is charged with creating stewardship plans for all constituencies, drafting and executing all stewardship materials and recognition in support of the overall growth of SCS Noonan’s fundraising efforts as outlined in the strategic 5-year plan. This newly created position is critical to our helping us achieve our mission and continue our exciting growth trajectory.
The Stewardship Manager will have a demonstrated development background with a minimum of three years of development and/or communications experience and a proven track record of bringing complex projects to completion. This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer, working closely with the CEO and the rest of the development team.
- Tracks the stewardship for all major donors ensuring that there is regular communication and meaningful engagement with the CEO, CAO, Founders and important other internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiates ideas for creative engagement, stewardship and recognition of donors.
- Creates all proposals for CEO, CAO, and ED, Boston donor meetings.
- Manages all aspects of the creation and execution of the Annual Report and other recognition opportunities.
- Prepares stewardship materials with program and development teams, including individual, foundation, and corporate Scholars reports.
- Coordinates all donor stewardship and gift solicitation mailings.
- Write copy for innovative “cases for support” to drive new funding from individuals and corporations.
- Manages the production of promotional materials such as brochures and reports to promote SCS Noonan Scholars.
- Manages production timelines, editorial planning, meetings, content for donor communications.
- Maintains donor and prospect information as well as outreach plans in the database and donor files.
- Assists in identifying and tracking viable prospects for major gift opportunities.
- Supports the development team with proposals and lists as needed.
- Conducts research on donors and prospects.
- Other duties as required by the development department relating to major gifts and stewardship.
- Three years of development and/or communications experience, with 3 years of administrative expertise preferred.
- A passion for working with low-income underrepresented students
- Experience in the education nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or a related field required.
- Detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks on deadline, with appropriate follow-up and reporting.
- Experience in creating targeted marketing content
- Proven project management skills and the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
- Ability to work independently while being an integral member of high-functioning team.
- Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory, including the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Basic understanding of the organizational structure and procedures at a museum or other non-profit arts institutions.
- Prior experience in researching individual donors and prospects
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce database software is preferred.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
SCS Noonan Scholars is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community.
For more information, please visit scsnoonan.org