The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Winners will be announced on June 4, 2019.
Check out the entries!
Leadership for Urban Renewal Network (LURN) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building sustainable communities through innovative urban planning strategies, advocacy, action—oriented research, and responsible development. Founded in 2008, the organization employs a multi—disciplinary approach to its work, creating spaces for new ideas, compiling research, supporting local entrepreneurs and leaders, and helping other organizations implement their innovations.
LURN is seeking a full-time Operations and Development Associate to support the LURN team, office operations, and the administration and execution of its various initiatives, events, and other special projects. The Operations and Development Associate is a self-motivated, creative individual who will be working closely with the Executive Director and team members, as necessary, on various aspects of LURN’s programming and operations. This person must be able to work independently and have the ability to manage multiple projects while working with diverse audiences.
Primary Job Responsibilities
LURN’s Operations and Development Associate will be responsible for:
• Assisting in day-to-day operations at the office, including responding to incoming calls and requests from clients and the public, maintaining files and inventories of office supplies, conducting technical support work, and generally assisting in office administration tasks;
• Assist with all facets of fund development including writing and editing grant proposals and reports, drafting and processing donation acknowledgment letters, and coordinating collateral;
• Supporting the logistical needs of events, meetings, and other activities produced by LURN including generating agendas, reports and meeting packets, sending notices, reminders and tracking RSVPs, meeting arrangements (food and beverage, room setup and breakdown, audio visual equipment, etc.), preparing presentation materials and minutes;
• Maintaining an accurate database of LURN’s partners and donors.
• Assisting in program-related tasks, research projects and outreach efforts to support staff;
• Maintaining a high-level of customer service and professionalism with LURN’s partners and clients;
• Assisting in the promotion of LURN’s work through social media, blogs, newsletters and other mediums that raise awareness about important initiatives;
• Supporting the cultivation of a creative, productive, environment with LURN staff and its partners;
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university and at least two years of experience in administration, development, and/or as a project assistant in a relevant field;
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills in both English and Spanish;
• Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation;
• Experience with electronic records management systems such as Salesforce and QuickBooks;
• Must be detail oriented, reliable and efficient; possess a high level of analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to conceptualize and implement creative and successful grant management strategies;
• Experience performing basic office management functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence;
• Positive, upbeat attitude that supports LURN staff and its organization partners; and commitment to LURN’s mission and interest in urban planning and economic development.
LURN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as health care coverage.
A cover letter and resume should be submitted to wo[email protected] For more information, please visit www.LURNetwork.org.