The Part-Time Development Associate, Grant Writer provides support and management of Ready to Succeed’s foundation and corporate giving programs including: management of RTS’ grants program and calendar, donor database oversight, prospect and donor research, developing the case of support for special projects, collection of outcomes management data, and development of narrative language. Other duties include: database management; managing an annual calendar of cultivation, stewardship and reporting activities. This position reports directly to the Director of Development.
Key areas of Responsibility:
Grant writing (35%)
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage Letters of Introduction, Grant Proposals, Applications, and appearance requests to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Work with finance department to gather information necessary to report to foundation, corporate and government funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundations and grantors.
- Maintain current records in database and manage grants calendar, including grant tracking and reporting.
Donor Database (35%)
- Responsible for oversight of donor database. Oversee/implement “contact detail” input. Assure that an accurate donor database is kept.
- Works with the Director of Development to design and implement donor recognition strategy and/or events to steward donors.
- Develop accurate status reports on campaigns and gifts.
- Generates all donor reports as requested.
- Generates mailing lists and newsletters, and assists with creating annual report and appeals.
- Enters new contacts into database and works closely with the Director of Development to develop a follow-up process/moves management with new contacts and donor prospects.
- Prepares accurate donor lists for the annual organizational review.
Donor Management and Tracking (30%)
- Under direction of Director of Development, create social media and web content consistent with Ready to Succeed’s messaging and supportive of fundraising, advocacy and community development goals.
- Ensure consistency of messaging across platforms.
- Create targeted newsletters and emails for smaller donors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and donor communication.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate to advanced; Network for Good or other database software such as SalesForce; Bulk email and social media integration.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience with grant writing and fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up/entrepreneurial environment.
- Creative and self-motivated with an ability to think outside the box.