The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submissions open on February 28th!
Do you love music? Do you love curating and creating original content? Do you want to gain hands-on communications experience promoting free, outdoor concerts? If so, join our growing communications team for spring 2019!
The Levitt LA Spring Communications Intern will help shape pre-season 2019 marketing plans for the 50 free concerts taking place at Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) every summer in MacArthur Park. Role includes conceptualizing promotional plans for the upcoming season; developing buzz-generating content to populate Levitt LA’s website, blog and social media platforms; tracking Levitt LA media coverage; and potentially authoring up to three blog pieces on the national Levitt blog, reVerb.
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
• Help identify and create engaging brand-building content to populate Levitt LA’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics, videos and other pre-season assets, as needed
• Regularly publish original content on Levitt LA website to generate pre-season excitement surrounding the upcoming concert season—including Q & A’s, artist trivia and other promo posts
• Support the creation of e-blasts as needed, especially as 2019 artist teasers are released
• Create compelling customized hero image graphics for Levitt LA homepage to promote pre-season content
• Identify, secure, create, submit and track calendar listing placements in local media outlets
• Support the creation of digital ads/web banners, advertising for upcoming concert season
• Help monitor social media performance—collecting and compiling analytics to illustrate correlations between content, publishing strategy and budget
• Track media coverage of Levitt LA and MacArthur Park
• Support development and maintenance of Levitt LA photography archive
• Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for national Levitt blog, reVerb
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Must currently be enrolled in college/university as a junior or senior
• Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Music Business/Industry or Nonprofit/Arts Administration
• Well-versed and current in social media platforms, influencers and trends
• Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus • Excellent writing and communications skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Passion for Levitt’s mission of making live music accessible to all
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission of community through music through two main programs: permanent outdoor Levitt music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2019, more than 550 free Levitt concerts will take place in 26 towns and cities across America, serving more than 750,000 people.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Dayton, Ohio; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. With the exception of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50 free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing, with developing Levitt locations across the country—including Sioux Falls, S.D. (opening 2019).
In 2019, 18 small- to mid-sized towns and cities will present free Levitt concerts through the Levitt AMP Music Series. 2019 locations included Chattanooga, Tenn.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Utica, N.Y.; Carson City, Nev.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each 2019 Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2019 GRAMMY nominees include 17 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected], including “Levitt LA Spring Communications Internship” in the subject line. To learn more about Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, visit levittlosangeles.org.