The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submissions open on February 28th!
The Levitt LA Spring Outreach Intern will support efforts to engage Levitt LA’s growing audience base during the months leading up to the 2019 free summer concert series in MacArthur Park, building upon the momentum and excitement of previous concert seasons while playing a role in implementing community engagement programs and outreach strategies.
This internship provides excellent experience for careers in program development and management, community engagement and organizing, event coordination, and arts administration. This is an ideal internship for those with a passion for working with the diverse communities of Los Angeles, developing partnerships and building networks to support mission-driven programs, and collaborating with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. This internship also includes gaining relevant experience by representing Levitt LA at community events in various neighborhoods of Los Angeles
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
Activities for this internship may include, but are not limited to:
• Represent Levitt LA at community events (festivals, health fairs, farmers markets, etc.), including info table set-up/breakdown, interacting with community members, and distributing Levitt LA information
• Participate in grassroots community outreach activities, including canvassing, phone banking, etc.
• Contribute ideas for and support implementation of community engagement strategies, to support overall audience development and outreach efforts
• Help identify and confirm potential community partners, including assisting with identifying key contacts within community-based organizations
• Research the demographics of the Westlake District and adjacent neighborhoods, including those immediately surrounding MacArthur Park
• Assist with administrative tasks to support the coordination of concert series volunteers, food vendors, lawn activities, community partners, and sponsors
• Contribute ideas and identify supplies for Kidzone arts & craft activities
• Attend and assist with monthly Community Advisory Council meetings
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Must currently be enrolled in college/university as a junior or senior
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, required • Interest in live music, event planning, social justice through the arts
• Passion for working with diverse neighborhoods, including in and around Westlake/MacArthur Park
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Creative thinker and self-motivated
• Passion for Levitt LA’s mission
• Strong computer skills and experience with the Microsoft suite of applications
• Available to attend events on weekends and evenings
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission of community through music through two main programs: permanent outdoor Levitt music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2019, more than 550 free Levitt concerts will take place in 26 towns and cities across America, serving more than 750,000 people.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Dayton, Ohio; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. With the exception of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50 free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing, with developing Levitt locations across the country—including Sioux Falls, S.D. (opening 2019).
In 2019, 18 small- to mid-sized towns and cities will present free Levitt concerts through the Levitt AMP Music Series. 2019 locations included Chattanooga, Tenn.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Utica, N.Y.; Carson City, Nev.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each 2019 Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2019 GRAMMY nominees include 17 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected], including “Levitt LA Spring Outreach Internship” in the subject line. To learn more about Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, visit levittlosangeles.org.