The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submissions open on February 28th!
Do you believe in the power of free, live music to transform individuals and their communities? Do you want to gain hands-on experience curating, creating and publishing content on behalf of a national arts foundation? If so, join Levitt’s communications team this spring!
The Communications Department shapes the branding, marketing and communications strategy for the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation and Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, also providing communications support for the Levitt AMP concert sites across the country, as needed.
The Communications Intern will support internal and external communications for the Levitt Foundation—helping to build and strengthen internal processes while curating and creating original web and social media content to promote the upcoming Levitt concert season. This intern will also be assigned brand-building projects that tell the broader Levitt story.
• Compile and create content to populate the 2019 Levitt AMP Concerts website— featuring lineups, artist bios, venue info and sponsor acknowledgments for Levitt AMP grantees. The project involves:
o Performing artist research o Crafting concise and compelling artists bios o Preparing, organizing and uploading assets/information for publication— including artist media, dates and times—to promote upcoming Levitt AMP concerts
o Updating concert webpage content throughout the spring, as needed
• Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for the national Levitt blog, reVerb
• Track media coverage of the national Levitt network including Levitt AMP sites and permanent Levitt venues (both those in operation and development), identifying potential social media content in the process
• Help promote, monitor and track the national #musicmoves campaign: crafting social media posts; supporting the creation of tailored eblasts; and monitoring the live #musicmoves feed
• Help create engaging brand-building content to populate the Levitt Foundation’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics, as needed
• Help expand upon social media engagement strategies promoting the upcoming Levitt National Tour; crafting promotional posts throughout the spring to generate excitement and awareness
• Track Levitt AMP grantee acknowledgement of the Levitt Foundation
• Help maintain the Levitt photography archive through image tagging
• Help keep the Levitt artist database up to date • Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Must currently be enrolled as undergraduate junior/senior or graduate student
• Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing or Nonprofit/Arts Administration • Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
• Well-versed and current in social media platforms, tools and trends • Excellent writing and communications skills • Strong attention to detail
• Passion for Levitt’s mission
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission of community through music through two main programs: permanent outdoor Levitt music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2019, more than 550 free Levitt concerts will take place in 26 towns and cities across America, serving more than 750,000 people.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Dayton, Ohio; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. With the exception of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50 free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing, with developing Levitt locations across the country—including Sioux Falls, S.D. (opening 2019).
In 2019, 18 small- to mid-sized towns and cities will present free Levitt concerts through the Levitt AMP Music Series. 2019 locations included Chattanooga, Tenn.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Utica, N.Y.; Carson City, Nev.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each 2019 Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2019 GRAMMY nominees include 17 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected], including “Levitt Foundation Spring Communications Internship” in the subject line. To learn more about the national Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.