The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submissions open on February 28th!
18th Street Arts Center, Southern California’s largest artist residency program and manager of the Santa Monica Airport Artist Studios, seeks a passionate events coordinator to administer and support public events at its two sites, including exhibition receptions, open studios, community arts festivals, performances, and fundraising events. 18SAC produces many public programs and events throughout the year, and the Programming Staff seeks a coordinator to carry out the logistics of event production and administrative assistance around the programming schedule. The Public Programs and Events Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Communications and Outreach. This is a full-time permanent position with benefits.
These events include:
– monthly artist potluck
– quarterly exhibition receptions and open studios
– annual fundraising Gala
– quarterly VIP donor dinners
– annual Pico Block Party Family art festival
– 18th Street’s contribution to annual Airport Artwalk
– annual Jazz Fellow concert
– supporting additional smaller artist programs as needed
– supporting community programs with our neighborhood partners, like the Library, Virginia Avenue Park, and Brentwood Arts Center as needed
– coordinating planning and logistics
– securing and coordinating vendors
– coordinating setting up and breaking down events
– understanding AV requirements and ability to set-up basic A/V
– processing event contracts
– scheduling event participants
– securing locations and permits
– securing events sponsors
– recruiting and managing event volunteers
– maintaining existing audience feedback mechanisms and creating post-event reports
The events coordinator must have event support experience of both small VIP and large public events, that attract audiences ranging from 50 – 1000 people with multiple participants and vendors. A knowledge of contemporary art and experience working with artists is desired. Basic knowledge of A/V set-up and trouble-shooting desired. Administrative organizational skills required (budgeting, contracts, pulling permits, spreadsheets, tracking, etc). Experience working with event sponsors and vendors desired. Frequent evening and weekend hours will be required, including (but not limited to) at least two Saturdays per month.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please apply with a cover letter and resume, and indicate “Public Programs and Events Coordinator”. The position is open until filled. Please apply online at 18thstreet.org/