NFTE is looking for a passionate, innovative, collaborative professional with strong relationship management skills to join our Development team and help lead the organization’s corporate, individual & foundation fundraising. The Development Director reports to the Vice President, Development and will play leadership role on the development team while working closely with the regional program team. The Development Director is responsible for building and implementing the organization’s fundraising strategies in the greater Los Angeles regional area and various national and/or multi-regional relationships in support of the organization’s overall annual contribution revenue goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio that includes the Los Angeles regional pipeline and national/multi-regional partnerships as appropriate; ensure that all grant/gift deliverables are accomplished on time and in the highest quality manner to support strong year over year donation renewals and whenever possible upgrades; maintain accurate regional pipeline.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward contributions through planned, targeted strategies including research, pitch creation, proposal and appeal writing, meetings, and reporting.
- Develop and implement a regional donor acquisition plan to identify and pursue new corporate, individual and foundation contributions.
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors with ongoing stewardship and relevant programmatic engagement.
- Lead the NFTE Los Angeles Metro Advisory Board in support of community-building, fundraising, and volunteer activities with support and partnership from the Regional Director.
- Represent NFTE at regional and national events and programs.
- Be highly knowledgeable of NFTE’s goals, program model, culture, and key stakeholders.
- Oversee all necessary fundraising administration to ensure proper and accurate gift processing, tracking, and reporting internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in fundraising with emphasis on corporate and individual fundraising preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners).
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and grow donor relationships.
- Track record of achieving progressive, measurable results while maintaining an inclusive, collaborative working style.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate complex programs, present exciting partnership opportunities, and report on progress and outcomes.
- Detail-oriented and embraces tools, systems, and processes for organization management and efficiency.
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirtsleeves” as a fundraising generalist expected to get the work done.
- Must enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NFTE’s mission and core values.
- Ability to connect NFTE’s work and partnerships into the larger landscape of inter-related issues within education, employment, youth, and economic development.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Competitive salary
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance are fully paid by the company
- 403(B) with company match
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Employee pre-tax savings for personal medical expenses not covered by health plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Employee pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation savings account (TSA): Employee pre-tax savings for public transit and parking services
- Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Generous Vacation (PTO) and additional Holiday Break (from Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Recognition, incentive, bonus programs
- The position will be based and work from the LA office and is expected to be on-site for standard business hours.
- The position will travel as necessary, locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset—skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving—prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and in eight other countries around the world.