The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submissions open on February 28th!
Working closely with MashUp’s Artistic Directors and Operations Manager, the PROGRAM COORDINATOR will to support the company’s daily workflow. This role is an ideal fit for an efficient self-starter, who has moderate experience with nonprofit management, live performance production, fundraising, marketing, and Board of Directors relations.
- Spearhead major production research under the direction of the Artistic Directors including potential venues, technical specs, rental equipment, local businesses, and possible collaborations
- Track all choreographers, collaborators, and potential partners for MashUps’ two major annual events: International Women’s Day (March 8 th ) and Women’s Equality Day (August 26 th); assist the planning of panels, workshops, film screenings, and other events involved with both programs
- Manage submission forms for MashUp’s annual choreographer residency
- Will call: Set up Eventbrite pages, track ticket sales, comp list, press list, and volunteer recruitment; Create and track bitlinks for all performances/events, provide summaries to staff Marketing:
- Draft company e-newsletters in MailChimp; edit and send according to schedule
- Generate program template/drafts for performances; collect dancer/collaborator bios and credits
- Maintain MashUp’s local LA and national press lists; draft press releases for review, then distribute on behalf of the company
- Draft flyer graphics and language; manage printing, pick up/drop off, and distribution
- Maintain donor database/CRM system; generate specific lists, input data before, during, and after events, and spearhead ongoing accurate and active management; ensure database syncs with newsletter platform (and the reverse)
- Research/seek in-kind donations for MashUp’s annual fundraiser and ongoing company events
- Generate first drafts of pitch books/documents to use to solicit donations
- Maintain grant deadline calendar; assist Artistic Director in submissions and material organization
The broad range of responsibilities of this role will provide the individual with the opportunity to work with all staff members. The PROGRAM COORDINATOR will be the company’s guest at MashUp performances/events and will be expected to socialize and interact professionally with artists, donors, partners, and audience members.
● Holds a Bachelor’s Degree
● Resident of Los Angeles County or nearby surrounding counties, with access to a car
● Excellent oral and written communications skills; multi-tasking is essential
● General office administration and computer skills, including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google for business/Google drive, and database systems.
● Preference given to candidates who have graphic design skills
MashUp estimates this role to be 8-16 hours/week, with a minimum of half that time occurring in person at the company’s headquarters. Hours will increase during programming activities on an as-needed, agreed upon in advance basis.
Compensation will commensurate with experience. This position is a part-time, hourly role.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to — [email protected] — directed to Co-Artistic Directors Sarah Rodenhouse and Victoria Brown
Company Description: MashUp Contemporary Dance Company is a nonprofit, female contemporary company that aims to create artistically innovative works and engage diverse communities in the invaluable experience of dance through performances, after school programming, and participation with the Los Angeles dance community. The MashUp staff includes: Sarah Rodenhouse, Victoria Brown, and Judy Marcelline. More information can be found online at: www.mashupdance.com