Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Tobacco Control and Prevention
Monthly Salary: $4,625.00 - Fully Paid Medical/Dental Insurance
Contract through June 30, 2019
The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Office Assistant. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. This position will provide administrative and clerical support for TCPP.
• Perform general administrative duties such as scheduling and supporting events, preparing travel and mileage claims, and purchasing requests; • Assist with data collection, data management, and entry of surveys;
• Assist with preparation of materials, reports, and/or presentations;
• Disseminate information to community partners through various communication channels including developing web-based communications and email updates, and assisting in teleconference and in-person meetings;
• Maintain important records, demonstrate interpersonal communication, and possess good planning, and organizational skills;
• Streamline procedures and create effective administrative systems;
• Manage multiple project demands and deadlines; and
• Other duties as assigned.
o Two years' of highly responsible secretarial experience providing assistance to executive level staff and managing special projects or assignments –OR– three (3) years of experience providing secretarial support to supervisors overseeing a unit or program.
o A valid California driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
o Computer literate and skilled in use of MS Windows-based programs, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
o Ability to maintain important records and demonstrate interpersonal communication, planning, and organizational skills;
o Ability to streamline procedures and create effective systems;
o Ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary professionals and partners, both internally and externally;
o Ability to manage multiple project demands and deadlines;
o Ability to work in a professional manner; and
o Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of documents and information.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to [email protected] or call the office at (626) 793-0020.