The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submit your idea by March 29, 2019
ManifestWorks is an immersive workforce development organization; we turn real-world experience into learning opportunities for those impacted by foster care, homelessness and incarceration.
To support our mission, we are seeking a part-time, licensed mental health professional to provide case management and counseling services for our program participants. The ideal candidate has social service experience working with homeless, foster-care and incarcerated populations.
Responsibilities include applicant recruiting/screening, case management, individual counseling, and developing resources within the community. This is a new position; an ideal candidate will help design the policies and procedures that guide these responsibilities while steering participants to successful outcomes.
• Further develop our system of screening and recruiting participants
• Develop and implement an individual plan of action for each participant’s program
• Provide appropriate clinical support for participants’ various psychological needs
• Assist with developing program offerings for ManifestWorks alumni
• Establish resources within the community to help support participants’ needs and goals
• Build and manage relationships with feeder organizations within the community
• Passion for the ManifestWorks mission and a commitment working with the populations we serve
• Masters in Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy preferred
• At least 2 years experience providing case management and counseling services
• Strong organizational and entrepreneurial skills, including independent decision making
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective time management
• Attend periodic extracurricular program events to gauge case management needs, and help guide case management and program offerings to alumni
• Attend Saturday classes
• Better results for participants (More participants successfully completing the program)
• Better screening/recruitment of applicants
• Presence of clinical support in our program
• Increased relationships with organizations that provide services to our participants
• Improved relationships with feeder organizations
• Increased representation of underserved groups among participants
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary for the right applicant.
Please send cover letter and resume to Amy Amsterdam: [email protected]