The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submit your idea by March 29, 2019
Program Assistant/Database Manager
Fundamental, a boutique philanthropic consulting firm working with several private and family charitable foundations, seeks a full-time Program Assistant/Database Manager for our Beverly Hills office. This team member will work across multiple client accounts, collaborating with other members of the Fundamental team on all aspects of administrative and programmatic support while managing the company’s database.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting research, providing analysis, and building issue expertise in support of client projects;
• Supporting the Program Officers and Chief of Staff in all components of Grants Management (drafting grant agreements, award letters and check letters);
• Managing all aspects of the company’s Salesforce database (Strategic direction, Tracking and inputting grant information and progress reports, staff training etc.);
• Working in partnership with the Chief of Staff to complete Foundation audits;
• Supporting client work by prioritizing and tracking critical relationships;
• Assisting with creative design for presentations/collateral and company/client websites;
• Assisting with event planning (for firm or client accounts), as needed;
• Assisting with talking points, research briefs, editorials, and client-ready presentations, based on understanding of client goals and strategic direction; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Prior experience (2-3 years) working as a part of a fast-paced office environment;
• Prior history working with foundations, non-profit organizations, the entertainment industry, elected officials and/or political campaigns a plus;
• Strong writing, and research skills;
• Knowledge of Salesforce database, Squarespace, WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite (excel wizards!), Adobe a plus;
• Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize large numbers of tasks efficiently and effectively;
• Communicates effectively with a variety of people; and
• Graphic design experience a plus.
We are seeking an individual who:
• Takes initiative and is extremely resourceful;
• Implements work with limited staff support;
• Anticipates needs before senior management asks;
• Juggles and prioritizes competing demands in a fast-paced work environment;
• Thrives in a team environment and has a collegial spirit in sharing ideas and receiving constructive feedback; and
• Operates with discretion and confidentiality.
Email your resume and a cover letter to Andrea Sorin at [email protected] Additionally, please complete the following writing assignment: Tell us in roughly 250 words about a social issue of deep importance to you and why it matters.