HISTORY and MISSION
The Youth Policy Institute transforms Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career.
Since the 1990’s, YPI has successfully blended multiple funding streams and partnerships to saturate Los Angeles communities with critically needed services. YPI currently operates a $41 million budget and places more than 1,200 staff at 125 service sites throughout Los Angeles. YPI provide programs and services to more than 100,000 clients each year.
The Research and Evaluation (R&E) Department supports the agency in its mission of being results-driven and providing quality and high-impact programming.
We are currently seeking a full-time specialist to join our team. The Data & Reporting Specialist will work directly with YPI’s Expanded Learning Department and manage the reporting processes and procedures related to the program’s outcomes and compliance regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Preparation of Reports
- Supervise project management of entire process of internal and external reporting, including gathering, synthesizing and submission of data.
- Standardize, streamline and strengthen internal reporting processes.
- Support across program, finance, and research and evaluation teams as needed to ensure reporting projects are completed and high-quality.
Data Management and Analytics
- Stay up-to-date on program compliance requirements and align data management processes accordingly.
- Manage and monitor large program attendance data sets.
- Support program leadership in developing tools and best practices for data integrity.
- Collaborate with program leadership to develop a “cycle of program improvement” through “data coaching” and regular data review and interpretation.
- Create data monitoring tools such as dashboards, rubrics, data flowcharts, etc. that align with service delivery models.
- Develop data visuals for internal and external audiences.
Evaluation and Assessment
- Generate and analyze statistical results.
- Develop evaluation and assessment protocols such as surveys, scorecards, performance rubrics, etc.
- Set baselines and benchmarks for success around program model goals.
- Develop and align evaluation and assessments with program goals, needs of participants, and larger agency outcomes.
Perform other duties related to the position as requested by Director and Assistant Director of Research and Evaluation.
PREREQUISITES AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience overseeing reporting processes, with previous roles working with after school programs a plus.
- Experience working in a non-profit highly preferred.
- Close attention to detail.
- Experience with methods and procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control.
- Experience in quantitative analysis.
- Proficient in Excel and other data visualization software. Ability to develop graphs and tables for large data set analysis.
- Competence in navigating data management software, such as Salesforce or EZ-Reports.
- Ability to multi-task and organize time efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively.
- Self-directed and capable of working to meet quick turnaround and deadlines independently.
- Maintain a professional attitude, confidentiality, and respect cultural differences.
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
Salary Info: $50-60k DOE