HISTORY and MISSION
The Youth Policy Institute transforms Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career.
Since the 1990’s, YPI has successfully blended multiple funding streams and partnerships to saturate Los Angeles communities with critically needed services. YPI currently operates a $41 million budget and places more than 1,200 staff at 125 service sites throughout Los Angeles. YPI provide programs and services to more than 100,000 clients each year.
The Research and Evaluation (R&E) Department supports YPI in its mission of providing quality, high-impact programming. We are currently seeking a full-time Data Systems Administrator. The position will support with the design and implementation of YPI’s various data software programs into a streamlined and integrated data management system. The Administrator will ensure the system’s integrity and security, and support with developing systems allowing staff to effectively use data for grant and outcome monitoring, resource development, and operational purposes. Additionally, she/he will support the development of policies and processes based on best practices that allow for continuous improvement in data management. The Data Systems Administrator will work closely with the R&E Data Systems staff to support in meeting these goals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Systems Management & Programmatic Support
- Lead implementation of data system policies and procedures across the agency.
- Support in developing and building out the architecture of the agency’s various data management software to best fit agency’s strategic goals and reporting requirements.
- Aid in development of system requirements to support streamlined data reporting to facilitate data integration across YPI departments and grants.
- Support with building out the reporting framework that supports alignment of YPI outcomes and allows for effective program monitoring.
- Design and facilitate database trainings, create resource materials and support tools, and host regular office hours to support system users.
- Manage support ticket system, troubleshoot user issues, and provide general technical assistance on use of database, best practices with entering data, validation, and pulling reports.
- Design and perform regular data integrity checks to ensure the quality of data entry.
- Extract, transform, and import data sets to and from different data systems, partners, and school sites as needed to ensure the most-up-to-date data is available.
- Support with developing data systems best practices and procedures manuals.
- Implement data security policies and practices based on data types, staff roles and reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Develop and implement an audit process to test and improve data security parameters, practices, and integrity of databases.
- Implement changes to data system in accordance with requirements and specifications and clearly document all requirements, use cases, test scenarios, and system specifications.
PREREQUISITES AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required with minimum three years’ experience working with data systems within a non-profit environment.
- Experience with data systems administration and database functionality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an understanding of quantitative analysis of relationships between program participation and outcome data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task to handle various projects and responsibilities. Strong time management skills.
- Superb attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor, confidentiality, and respect of multicultural environment.
- Access to reliable transportation for frequent travel between sites.
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
Salary Info: $25-27/hr