Young Storytellers engages creativity through the art of storytelling. Using the timeless techniques of mentoring, collaboration, and performance, we provide underserved students at the elementary, middle, and high school levels with an opportunity to write stories and see them brought to life. Our mission is to inspire young people to discover the power of their own voice.
The School Partner Specialist is a central part of our program team, primarily focused on the establishment and management of relationships with and session schedules at our partner school sites. As is true at any non-profit, Young Storytellers is a dynamic environment where flexibility, humor, and openness are integral to our success.
● Develops and maintains strong relationships with partner elementary school liaisons, principals, and teachers.
● Establishes and manages elementary school program schedules through ongoing communication with partner schools and key Young Storytellers volunteers.
● Supports the development of the relationship between partner schools and key volunteers via program visits and pre-program meetings.
● Responsible for the hiring, training, and oversight of Program Interns.
● Creates and updates program schedules for over 60 partner elementary schools.
● Tracks the disbursement and collection of key program materials and paperwork.
● Oversees the entry and management of school and elementary school student data.
● Maintains internal calendar of program key dates and events.
● Maintains regular communication with partner schools and key volunteers via email, phone calls, and in person meetings/visits.
The School Partner Specialist is the face of Young Storytellers with our school partners, so it’s essential that this is a person that feels comfortable and capable working with public schools and their administrations. An ideal candidate would have prior experience working with public schools and have long-term career aspirations in the education sector. This person should also be exceptionally organized and be able to solve challenges that might arise from day-to-day (see, also: Good sense of humor).
Other desired qualifications are:
● A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience in a school environment;
● Prior experience in the management and organization of people;
● Strong written and verbal communication skills;
● The ability to work effectively and in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
● A self-directed work ethic;
● Passion, idealism, integrity, a problem-solving approach to work, curiosity, and an interest in growth.
● Has own transportation to travel to and from school sites in various communities, including but not limited to: East Los Angeles, South Los Angeles, West LA, and San Fernando Valley.
This is a full time, salaried position with health insurance stipend, retirement savings program, and generous paid-time off / holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience. Anticipated start date is early January 2019.
Please send the following to [email protected] with the subject line: School Partner Specialist / LAST NAME: