Supervised By: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Operations and Facilities Assistant will support both the Operations Manager and Facilities Manager by performing duties related to the repair and maintenance of the Performing Arts Campus (including the exterior areas and two theater spaces). Duties include maintaining up to-date-repair and maintenance logs, maintaining building schedules for the HVAC, cleaning and inspections, and other related duties as assigned.
· 2 – 4 years directly related experience in facilities or operations.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be adept in problem anticipation and resolution.
· Ability to work independently and follow through on all assignments.
· Ability to work flexibly under fluctuating workload conditions with frequent interruptions and competing priorities; ability to prioritize pressing responsibilities.
· Flexibility to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Willingness to obtain genie lift operation certification.
· Must have fundamental knowledge of all the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, paint, general construction, and water features.
· Skilled in reading project specifications, blue prints and technical trade related manuals
· Working knowledge of fire alarms.
· Familiarity with the Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
All interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters to [email protected].