Founded in 2011, Climate Resolve focuses on local solutions to global climate change and works to achieve outcomes that bestow multiple benefits. We work to make California more equitable, just, livable, prosperous, and sustainable today and for generations to come by inspiring people at home, at work, and in government to reduce climate pollution as well as prepare for climate impacts. We fundamentally believe that climate solutions must benefit all, especially people with low incomes who are most affected by climate change and least able to defend against its impacts.
Starting in Los Angeles, Climate Resolve accomplishes this goal by making climate change relevant in the lives of its residents by promoting locally specific climate studies, deploying social media, organizing events, promoting adaptive measures and motivating the public to champion climate policies with local policymakers.
Climate Resolve staff share one important characteristic in common: a culture of praxis. We’re doers. While idealistic in nature, we are pragmatic in our approach to climate solutions. Climate Resolve recognizes the gravity of the climate crisis and that its effects are profound. We work to avert its impacts, but we also see the opportunity for the climate crisis to inspire profound changes in society that will improve life in our cities and our world.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Director, the Grants & Proposals Manager will perform development, administrative, and programmatic activities.
● With the support of the leadership team, identify and develop business and philanthropic opportunities for funding the organization
● Write grant and fee-for-service proposals
● Maintain a database of all development partnerships and opportunities in the organizational client relationship management (CRM) system (Raiser’s Edge)
● In collaboration with the Senior Operations Director, manage the development of the organizational pipeline and budget
● Lead the process, and work with the administrative, operations, and executive staff to ensure that all governmental filings, audits, certifications, and reports related to grants and contracts, are processed in a timely fashion
● Write reports and other intellectual products for funders and clients
● Function as an intermediary on behalf of the organization, including submitting required documents directly to fiscal sponsors
● Manage other communications - in support of organizational goals - with foundations and other funders
● In collaboration with the Communications Manager,
○ manage the development of major donor solicitation materials,
○ develop public giving opportunities via email solicitations and other means, and
○ write development-related copy for CR newsletter, website, and other external communications
● Occasionally represent the organization in public meetings
● Develop and maintain relationships with cleantech businesses and other client prospects, especially those located in California
● Maintain a database of these partnerships in the organizational CRM
● Submit and review quarterly a 12-month work plan
The Grants & Proposals Manager will be thoroughly committed to Climate Resolve’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
● A Bachelor's degree and experience in non-profit development, environmental policy, or management related fields and 3+ years of progressive experience in non-profit development
● Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, working well under pressure
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work effectively in a supportive and collaborative fashion with a diverse group
● Important to be self-directed, flexible, and able to work under tight deadlines
● Congenial personality - gets along with others and a sense of humor!
● Master’s Degree or 5 years of progressive experience in non-profit development, environmental policy, or management related fields
● Expertise in climate and environment-related fields
This is a full-time position (32-40 hrs/wk) with a matching 401K contribution, medical benefits and a dental/vision stipend. Salary offered is $48,000-52,000 DOE.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to Kristina von Hoffmann, Senior Operations Director, at [email protected] with the subject line “Grants & Proposals Manager”
The deadline to apply is Friday, November 30, 2018.
Climate Resolve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or characteristics or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Therefore, we encourage all individuals to apply and are committed to a diverse workplace. Climate Resolve will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.