Want to join an amazing, fun, creative, collaborative team and a healthy, employee-focused work culture? The Gabriella Foundation (TGF), www.everybodydance.org, a non-profit organization, was established in 1999 in memory of Gabriella Axelrad, a thirteen-year-old who loved to dance. The organization's mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth in Los Angeles through high-quality dance instruction. Come be a part of the TGF family and make a difference in the lives of thousands!
TGF's original program, Everybody Dance!, began as a free after-school dance program in 2000 in an affordable housing project near downtown Los Angeles. Today, it is an award-winning program (we were presented with a National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award by Michelle Obama in 2014) that serves over 4,500 students annually in both in-school and afterschool settings as the leading provider of high-quality dance instruction in the city's impacted, underserved communities.
Everybody Dance! is in search of a part-time Dance Office Registrar to oversee the daily after-school and weekend activity in a designated dance studio during hours of operation. S/he will be the main staff person on site for the designated after-school site and will provide excellent customer service to parents and serve as an ambassador of the Everybody Dance! program. The dance season schedule is approximately 25 hours/week. A typical week is Monday - Thursday 3:45pm-8:15pm, Friday 3:45pm-6:30pm and Saturday 8:30am-1:00pm. Location: One position available in the Westlake/Pico-Union area (starting asap) and one position available in Echo Park (starting in December).
· Customer Service and Reception: Demonstrate expert knowledge about the program, hold students and parents accountable to all program commitments and policies, and answer questions as an ambassador of the program. Greet and wait on parents and students with a warm and professional demeanor. Answer incoming calls, reply to emails and calls within a timely manner, and tend to email in a timely manner. Support annual program orientations and registration, parent volunteer service hours, family accounts, assist with field trip and event coordination, and direct traffic in the studio. Provide dance instructors and parents with critical information or news. Collaborate and communicate effectively with the Dance Office Registrars at two additional everybody dance! studio sites, and with additional program staff at the Administrative Headquarters.
· Administrative Duties:
Payment Processing: Collect payments via a Square Register system (cash, checks, credit, debit) for tuition and fees, and prepare a bi-weekly deposit and report.
Data Entry: Enter all payment transactions, attendance and service hours into the database daily according to agreed-upon data-entry protocols. Keep family records updated and inform families about overdue balances. Add entries to the ongoing student lottery lists.
Inventory and Ordering: Track inventory of office, janitorial supplies and merchandise and report inventory needs for bi-weekly orders.
· Facility Management: Maintain all physical aspects of the dance office. Keep bulletins up to date. Oversee custodial work and assure studio space and waiting areas maintain a clean and orderly appearance. Assume responsibility for any volunteer duty that is not accomplished and supervise parents who are in service.
· Previous administrative or clerical experience
· Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel primarily)
· Experience working in a setting with students, parents/guardians and family members
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and customer service skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Bilingual in Spanish
· Preferred: Experience with Mac, Studio Director or other database software, Square Register or other comparable payment processing systems.
Compensation: Hourly rate of $14-15 DOE
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No calls or visits. PLEASE SPECIFY THE LOCATION YOU ARE INTERESTED IN (Westlake/Pico Union area (starts asap) or Echo Park (starts in December).
THE GABRIELLA FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER