Job Title: Operations Ally
Reports to: Co-Founders
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Los Angeles
The Center for Collective Wisdom (C4CW) is a boutique consulting firm whose co-founders, both scholar practitioners, have decades of experience designing and facilitating successful large-scale systems and community change initiatives. Their original framework, Living Collective Wisdom, strengthens the capacity of communities and systems to continuously learn and creatively adapt in support of profound results. C4CW has successfully applied this framework to accomplish our highest aspirations by addressing confounding challenges, such as reducing and preventing homelessness, resolving large shortfalls in the budgets of public systems, ensuring that children begin school healthy and ready to succeed, and strengthening individual and community wellbeing. You can read about this framework at c4cw.org. The founders are in the final stages of documenting their framework to shift their focus to mentoring others and offering a wide range of trainings in the Living Collective Wisdom framework.
The OA is a foundational position within C4CW, working closely with the co-founders. The OA must be highly organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure with a capacity to master technology for driving organizational efficiency and effectiveness. The OA often serves as the public’s first contact with C4CW, so a genuine commitment to exercising leadership with grace, kindness, positivity, integrity, and excellence is also a must. The OA position is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in launching a new movement and to be professionally mentored by the co-founders.
This position’s responsibilities will grow as the organization and its strategic partnership with the nonprofits evolves. For now, the essential responsibilities include the following:
1. Coordination of Meetings, Trainings, and Events
a. Documents, tracks, and coordinates all logistics and travel arrangements for upcoming meetings and events. For more complex events, create and track detailed work plans to ensure timely completion of all required tasks by everyone involved. Provide on-site logistics support.
b. Draft notifications and invitations, including for social media. Ensure that all communication is handled professionally and respectfully, and aligned with the aesthetics of C4CW’s brand requirements.
c. Update logistics protocols as needed. Maintain database of meeting venues and caterers. Provide support to participants including user guides for technology platforms.
d. Maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and collaboration through online tools—e.g., Mailchimp, Acuity, Doodle Poll, Zoom, FreeConference, Highrise, Event Brite, 1Password, and TripIt and remain abreast of technological updates.
2. Operations and Administration
a. Take the lead on administrative issues in support of operations, including researching and managing projects, drafting and formatting documents, and duties related to managing the organization—e.g., accounting and budget reports, contract and grant proposal packets, competitive pricing analysis for purchasing, and postings for social media and web site.
b. Participate in senior-level strategic planning sessions.
c. Be the first point of contact for customer support for phone and online inquiries.
d. Maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and collaboration through online tools—e.g., Zoom, Fleep, Harvest, Wrike, and Dropbox and remain abreast of technological updates.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Minimum 3 -5 years administrative experience with advanced to expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite and being entrepreneurial to drive results.
3. Strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills.
4. Capable of working independently, being proactive, detail-oriented, reliable, accountable, and strong on follow-through.
5. Ability to work relationally, collaboratively, and remain calm under pressure.
6. Commitment to promoting a culture that is positive, joyful, appreciative, professional, respectful, and high-trust.
7. Ability to honor confidentiality and exercise a high degree of discretion and respect.
8. Genuine passion for C4CW’s vision with a personal commitment to learning, self-reflection, and living one’s highest ideals.
9. Interest and capacity for responsibilities to grow over time in tandem with the organization.
10. Flexibility to commute to Playa Vista part-time and also work remotely from a home office, with a laptop.
11. Reliable transportation, including valid driver’s license, and auto insurance to drive to meetings within Los Angeles County and travel out-of-town, with advance notice, to support trainings and events.
12. Be available during normal work hours, and with advance notice, to work outside of normal work hours, as needed, to support particular deliverables.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Mastery of Apple office equipment and software (Numbers, Pages, Keynote).
2. Experience working within a start-up environment.
3. Graphic design experience a plus.
4. Prior experience in supporting trainings and events a plus.
5. Fluency in a non-English language a plus.
COMPENSATION: $55K - $60K annual salary, plus benefits (4 weeks paid time off, $4,200 health insurance premium compensation).
Email your resume, contact information for 3 references, and cover letter with a description of why you are interested in supporting C4CW’s vision to Catalina Torres at [email protected]