Harmony Project is an award-winning research-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that targets at-risk youth in underserved areas of Los Angeles. We promote positive youth development through year-round music lessons and ensemble participation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years previous experience in a similar position in the fields of college access and/or youth development
- A personal mission, vision and values that align with Harmony Project’s
- A passion for social change, community empowerment and youth development
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with diverse stakeholders at every level of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to smoothly juggle and prioritize multiple complex tasks, and to be able to responsibly delegate as needed to support staff.
- A strong sense of humor and ability to gracefully handle stressful and sometimes troubling situations
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office programs, prior experience using contact databases
- A driver’s license and proof of valid automobile insurance; flexible work schedule to include some weekends, weeknights, and holidays
The Manager of College Success is responsible for:
- Management of the Banchik Family College Scholarship
- Administer Scholarship Application and Interviews for high school seniors o Administer biannual Scholarship renewal for alumni recipients
- Design and implementation of all annual College Readiness Workshops
- Create workshop curriculum and develop calendar of events o Manage the organization of each workshop o Creating and organizing special programming for parents o Develop college access partnerships
- Provide one-on-one support to students and families as needed
- Design and implementation of Alumni Program
- Maintain student database and provide key reports o Maintain communication with all program alumni, including outreach on job &
- internship opportunities, financial aid information, scholarship opportunities, etc.
- Communication with community and site partners
- Being aware of extra-musical issues in the lives of the families they serve and referring students and families as needed to partner social service providers
- Other tasks as needed and as requested
Excellent benefits; Salary DOE