NationBuilder, Run for Office project
NationBuilder is seeking interns to work on our Run for Office project—an effort to make candidacy information easier to find and encourage more people to run for office. Interns get hands-on experience with political research and explore civic data applications in a technology work environment.
In Fall 2018, interns will focus on researching candidate filing windows, enabling potential candidates to know when to file whether they're major party, "third" party, or independent candidates. The work will involve looking deep into the electoral process of districts across the U.S., working with data in a variety of formats, and participating in group progress and problem solving meetings.
● Internet research skills, with the ability to parse information from a variety of government and press sources
● Tenacious attention to detail
● Phone and email communications skills
● Enthusiasm for team problem solving and ability to work independently
● Passion about increasing ballot access and/or making and organizing cool data
● Interns must have a minimum of 8 hours per week to devote to the internship. Some remote work is possible.
● School credit available
● Transportation costs reimbursed
● Great downtown Los Angeles office location
● Work in a high-tech startup environment with political experts
● Well stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks!
Email your resume to [email protected] with the subject “Political Data Intern”. Tell us why you're a good fit for the internship in 140 characters or less (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it). Apply by August 20.