REPORTS TO: Senior Development Manager
POSITION TYPE: Nonexempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.WhyWeLIFT.org.
LIFT-Los Angeles is seeking a Development Associate for its team. The Development Associate will support fundraising efforts by offering institutional grant writing and project management, back office and operational services, gift stewardship, social media content creation, communications support, prospect research, event support and other Development-specific special projects. Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, the Development Associate role provides an exciting opportunity for an emerging development professional to grow his or her skills in a dynamic and nimble workplace.
AS A DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL:
• Support the team in telling the stories of the families we serve by documenting their stories, writing newsletters, and creating content for social media
• In collaboration with the Senior Development Manager, contribute to grant operations including proposal and report writing, editing and grant calendar management
• Conduct prospect research and prepare meeting materials for frontline fundraisers
• Support special projects such as events, donor visits and board meetings
• Plan and manage the stewardship program for LA-based donors, including strategizing around communications and engagement touch points
• Effectively and accurately update fundraising efforts in Salesforce; supporting frontline fundraisers in capturing their work in Salesforce
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree.
• You are an excellent writer and verbal communicator, and you take pride in creating compelling stories and content.
• You have experience using Salesforce or a donor management system (strongly preferred).
• You possess event planning experience.
• You have a track record of being customer service oriented.
• You are a high-functioning teammate and excel at working collaboratively.
• You are highly detail-oriented.
• You are committed to LIFT’s mission, and you demonstrate LIFT’s core values of diversity, equity, relationships, excellence, and hope.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Qualified individuals, please submit a one-page resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] Please include your full name and the position title in the subject line.
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.