Corporate Partnerships Senior Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
WORK accompanies families out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. We work primarily in landfill communities with informal collectors to improve the dignity and value of human-powered supply chains at the first mile. Our goal is simple, to ensure two heads of household are in living income jobs so that each family can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
About this job
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Pittsburgh, PA (Hybrid)
Reports to: Director of Engagement
Start: Summer, 2023
Compensation: $60,000 - $80,000
Our mission manifests itself in two streams of work - advisory work for our corporate clients and direct programming in our supply chains, where we engage corporate and business partners. WORK is seeking a Corporate Partnerships Manager that will be responsible for successfully cultivating and managing relationships with corporate partners engaging in our supply chains and our advisory work. These relationships will span from our impact partners who purchase recycled plastic material from our supply chain and donate to programming, to corporate sponsors for our Engagement Programs. This team member will collaborate across teams and report to our Director of Engagement.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for the families we serve. We're looking for like-minded individuals who will work relentlessly to accompany our families to independence. The new team member must be an adaptable, positive, and collaborative team player.
WORK operates in a hybrid work environment, at a minimum of 40% in office and 60% remote. Candidates should be able to participate in-office from either our Los Angeles or Pittsburgh office locations.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive annual salary; 2% employer contribution to retirement plan; employer-paid health-care, dental, and vision insurance coverage; and partial cell-phone coverage. We also provide a generous paid-time off policy that includes year-end organization-wide vacation.
WORK is committed to an inclusive and supportive work culture and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Roles & responsibilities
- Identify potential targets, define attractive offers and counterparties, develop and implement approach strategies to engage partnerships annually.
- Design and implement strategies to search for corporate partners for various campaigns or giving opportunities.
- Successfully manage corporate accounts totaling a portfolio of $800,000 to $1M in revenues, from design to delivery, including connecting them annually with relevant programming, and tracking engagement and retention rates to ensure that we are developing the relationship long-term.
- Develop and maintain a stewardship plan to accommodate and grow relationships between WORK and its corporate and business partners and sponsors annually and including specific campaign periods.
- Track and follow through with commitment for all corporate partners, ensuring all partnerships are tied to impact. Successfully manage every project detail, and in collaboration with relevant team members across our global and country teams.
- Develop and deliver regular presentations to corporate and business partners to keep them abreast of progress and to facilitate discussions of new program and business ideas
Deliver on engagement outcomes
- Draft agreements between WORK and corporate partners per the type of engagement being pursued.
- Serve as the liaison between WORK and corporate partners, facilitating the flow of information to make sure both parties have the necessary information and resources needed.
- Steward a portfolio of corporate supporters and ensure that they value their engagement with WORK.
- Serve as our external representative at corporate partner events and meetings. Prepare other team members joining the effort with agendas, objectives, and outcomes.
- Together with our Engagement Team, design, implement, track, and manage corporate fundraising initiatives and subsequent marketing campaigns with corporate partners. Fulfill organization deliverables and ensure maximum benefit to both parties.
- Identifies and capitalizes on growth and broadening opportunities for existing donors in the corporate portfolio, cross-pollinating donors from programs and events into other areas of the organization.
Represent WORK’s expertise and values externally in all settings
- Coordinate partnership engagement as outlined in engagement agreements, which can include delivery of information to employees, facilitating volunteer opportunities, coordinating and attending events, working with our marketing and program teams to share impact updates, and more.
- Network with industry groups and organizations to build organizational presence in our markets
- Develop intentional, creative, and cost-effective marketing and stewardship initiatives and collaterals
Other duties as assigned
Required Experience - Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in corporate account management; corporate fundraising, sales, or development.
Stewardship Capability - Knowledge of stewardship strategies and techniques focused in the areas of corporate and business accounts and partnerships, and corporate sponsorships. Excellent relationship management skills required.
Inspire to Act - Ability to communicate programmatic impact externally and inspire action.
Adaptable - You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Executes to Results – Setting and hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
Curious and Entrepreneurial - You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcomes.
Team Player – Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
Technical Experience – We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, and Slack. You're familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
Effective Communicator – You’re an active listener and an effective communicator.
Education and Experience – You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field or related, equivalent work experience in relevant fields.
Travel and Flexible Schedule - Regular travel internationally and to various US-cities along with working some evenings and weekends will be required.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “Corporate Partnerships Manager: ”.