Digital Marketing Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA) is home to the change makers and justice seekers. We're individuals from various walks of life making collective steps towards a better future for our community. Our focus is on bringing about real and sustainable change by unleashing the collective power of people to open minds, unite diverse communities, and convert compassion into action for a more just, inclusive, and thriving L.A. County. Together, we make tangible impact on some of our toughest community issues including poverty, homelessness, education equity, and economic mobility. For us, being 'united' isn't just in reference to our organization but to our hope for the future of Los Angeles. Regardless of race, gender, orientation, or self-identification - we do our part as one by making room for all.
WHAT WE DO
The Engagement & Activation Department uses storytelling, events, community conversations, and direct advocacy to help realize our organization’s vision for a very different L.A. County. We're a team that is rooted in facts, fresh in design, and strategic in our approach to end generations of disinvestment and injustice.
We drive impact and fundraising forward by defining the problems we are trying to solve—and the solutions we believe in—in ways that grab the attention of our key audiences including donors, supporters, partners, and neighbors.
The Marketing & Engagement team sits within the Engagement & Activation Department and strives to enroll people in the work of our organization, inspire them to participate in progress, and support United Way’s efforts.
About this job
We are inviting strategic and solutions-oriented people with a passion for taking risks to solve big challenges to apply for our Digital Marketing Manager role.
You will contribute to centering our vision for change and connect with donors, community advocates, and partner organizations by successfully leading digital engagement and fundraising efforts across all platforms and bringing creative strategies and tactics to life.
As United Way of Greater Los Angeles approaches our centennial anniversary in 2022, you will have the unique opportunity to play a key role in evolving our mission, vision, and brand for the next 100 years.
Roles & responsibilities
Digital Platform Management
- Partner with the Director, Marketing & Engagement in the planning, execution and optimization of digital marketing efforts to take audiences from awareness to advocacy and action.
- Manage, maintain, and regularly update website Content Management System (CMS) to support and improve design and user experience (UX/UI) on all digital channels.
Digital Advertising & Promotions
- Manage all aspects of paid media campaigns across UWGLA owned properties, including: campaign strategy and execution; budget allocation and bid optimization; keyword, copy, creative testing, and optimizations.
- Measure and analyze performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- Develop and execute earned media strategies and tactics including online community development and management to increase mentions, shares, and reposts.
Audience Strategy Development
- Play a lead role in crafting UWGLA audience strategies and tactics for both existing audiences as well as new targets, with a focus on growth and high-quality activation/conversion.
- Help deepen the understanding of both existing audiences as well as areas for growth in departments and teams across the organization.
- Drive collaboration with Strategic Partnerships and Finance Business Services Departments to ensure high-quality constituent data tracking, donor experience journey, and related integration.
Online Fundraising Strategy Development
- Build personalized, end-to-end, donor-centric experiences that drive engagement, build loyalty and create positive donor experiences, with the ultimate goals of increasing revenue, donor participation and taking the donor from awareness to ownership on the donor commitment continuum.
- Craft online fundraising strategies to reach or exceed annual digital revenue goal of $375,000
- Manage email marketing strategies to support marketing goals, establishing and implementing email-marketing best practices, including A/B and multi-variant testing.
- Identify new and innovative approaches to growing UWGLA’s digital tactics in the context of online fundraising.
WHAT 1 YEAR OF SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Igniting online fundraising efforts to reach or exceed a target goal of $375k and expand annual revenue.
- Analysis performed of existing website platforms, frameworks, and UX/UI with recommendations for optimization taken through stages from proposal to implementation.
- Develop, implement, and oversee long-term digital marketing and advertising efforts to reach larger, more targeted audiences with a focus on conversion metrics.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital marketing, online advertising, online fundraising, or a related field is required
- You understand the value of racial equity as an organizational operating principle and are committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE A FIT
- You can deliver FYI's on KPI's, showing us how performance is measuring up to outlined goals and identifying opportunities for further success.
- You can distinguish quantitative from qualitative when assessing ROI and can answer all the deep dive questions that start with what, when and why?
- You know that there's no true marketing without metrics and can break down campaign analytics to assess how each individual effort correlated to specific outcomes.
- You have no issue transforming a problem into a solution with your troubleshooting skills.
- You are the real deal when it comes to social media and are #confident in your knowledge of all the trends and platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, etc.), and in your ability to optimize content to resonate with the target audiences.
- You can handle as many tasks as you have tabs on your internet browser, multi-tasking is a necessity in your everyday.
- You keep your priorities straight but also know when it's time to re-prioritize your work assignments based on business needs.
- You work well with others - stakeholders and colleagues alike would agree that you are the quintessential “Team Player”
- You are a strategic planner who can successfully transform thoughts to action and goals to success with a well-crafted play-by-play strategy.
- You know how to manage a team in a way that holds everyone accountable while also creating opportunities to provide guidance, feedback and mentorship.
- You're comfortable with giving and receiving feedback in a manner that's respectful yet constructive whether in performance reviews or one-off conversations.
- Your favorite toolbox is found online - you can navigate platforms like Google Drive and Box with your eyes closed if you had to (but you won't have to!).
- You know your way around the Microsoft Windows operating systems and all it's essential programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams.
Apply for this position here: https://jobs.lever.co/unitedwayla/b9ac4f81-4d28-45f3-89f3-65a2a06dc810