Policy and Research Senior Coordinator
- 7 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles County
- Closing date
About this organization
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and local mountains.
About this job
TreePeople is currently seeking a highly motivated Policy and Research Senior Coordinator. This individual will coordinate, manage, and support the Los Angeles’ Urban Soil Futures consortium of projects. This position will also assist with other research and policy initiatives, including, school greening, environmental education, and community organizing.
Roles & responsibilities
- Coordinate and assist with the Los Angeles’ Urban Soil Futures consortium of projects.
- Manage projects in the areas of urban forestry, urban soils, extreme heat, school greening, community organizing, and climate resilience.
- Develop work plans and coordinate internal and external teams.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate events, workshops, webinars, meetings, and calls.
- Conduct outreach and build and maintain relationships and partnerships with key policy-makers, stakeholders, and partners in governmental, non-governmental, academic, and - community groups.
- Coordinate all implementation phases of projects, including conducting research (e.g. literature review), performing data analysis, and writing reports from initiation to completion.
- Perform project management, including scoping, budgeting, planning, communications, directing subcontractors or volunteers, reporting, and invoicing.
- Work on public policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Assist with other strategic communications initiatives that involve school greening, environmental education, and community organizing.
- Support TreePeople’s social media community across several platforms including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Work with colleagues to generate, schedule, and post high-quality engaging content highlighting community organizing and policy and research work.
- Attend and document community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree in an applied field such as urban planning, urban forestry, urban ecology, environmental science, public policy, public health, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in program development, project management, strategic communications, or community organizing.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects, from concept to completion.
- Considerable experience in environmental public policy, advocacy, communications, and community organizing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of urban forestry, urban soils, urban planning, community organizing, and approaches to build climate resilience in an urban setting.
- Knowledge of local and regional government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; exceptional critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently, and to adapt in a dynamic, rapidly evolving field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate scientific and technical ideas or findings clearly with diverse stakeholders using simple, commonly accepted language.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including efficient handling of deadlines and an ability to respond to quick-turnaround projects while producing high-quality results.
- Comfortable making presentations and presenting information in a compelling, informative, and persuasive fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle challenging situations with tact and sensitivity.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with producing deliverables with Microsoft Office 365 programs including SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as, Google Suite.
Please apply through the direct link.