- 10 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
About this job
We are seeking a Grant Accountant to assist the Operations department. The ideal candidate is a team player and is familiar with the non-profit grant/program funding process. This position will be responsible for tracking and reporting actual vs. budget, reviewing and monitoring grant transactions to ensure compliance and invoicing.
Roles & responsibilities
- Performs general accounting activities, including reconciliations, assisting the Accounting
- Manager during audit, journal entries, month end close, AR and AP.
- Prepare grant reports, and backup documentation, monitor grant expenditures and work
with program staff on maximizing grant use.
- Maintain reports for the grant billing process and prepare grant and contract invoices on a
- Monitor budget modification timelines and assists in the preparation of budget modifications
and submissions to funders as necessary
- Communicate with fiscal contacts at funding sources for information needed and problem
- Follow up on collection of grants receivable as needed.
- Maintain grant information for funder and participate in audits and reviews by funding
agencies as required. Prepare schedules as requested for annual audit.
- Maintain balance sheet detail and reconciliations for grants receivable and grants revenue on
an ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of accounting work experience in a nonprofit or government environment
- Proficient in using QuickBooks, Bill.com, SAGE and MS Office (Excel).
- General knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a detail-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adherence to deadlines while communicating and coordinating with Leadership and
- Receptive to department changes and fast learner.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
To apply, please visit this link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1059033/Treepeople-Inc/Grant-Accountant