Associate IT Systems Administrator
- 23 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1995, The Archer School for Girls is a contemporary girls’ school, grades 6 through 12, devoted to educating and empowering girls for leadership in the 21st century. We take a research-based approach to teaching and learning in an environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best. Archer has always been committed to reflecting the face of Greater Los Angeles. Forty-one percent of the student body are students of color and come from 76 different zip codes and 157 different feeder schools. We award $4 million in financial aid annually. Above all, Archer is known for its highly innovative programs and joyful culture. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter @ArcherSchool, Instagram @ArcherSchoolforGirls, or visit our website at www.archer.org.
About this job
The Archer School for Girls is currently seeking an Associate IT Systems Administrator. The Associate IT Systems Administrator is responsible for assistance in the oversight of Archer’s network and technology infrastructure and serves as a resource for all of the School’s constituencies. This individual is responsible for resolving everyday service requests relating to Macintosh and PC systems, network, hardware and software problems and malfunctions; providing technical guidance, assistance, and follow-up on all IT inquiries; and managing the implementation of all help desk, laptop, desktop, network, hardware, and software for the entire school.
Salary Range: $35.00 to $44.00 per hour depending on experience
Roles & responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
• Respond to phone calls, emails, and in-person requests for technical support.
• Monitor support requests to ensure timely resolution.
• Troubleshoot users access of the School’s local- and wide-area networks, wireless, email accounts, virus protection, and backups, efficiently and effectively.
• Assist with, upgrade and maintain servers, routers, switches, workstations, printers and all other technology devices and peripherals.
• Maintain inventory of all of the School’s technology (software and hardware), including new equipment.
• Implement and enforce IT security policies and procedures.
• Fulfill all AV (Audio Visual) setup requests for meetings including projectors, screens, and sound, as assigned. Including the operation of AV equipment and functions during meeting or event.
• Perform preventive maintenance on computer systems, printers, and equipment as needed.
• Assist with Tech Office Help Desk - Student and Faculty Walk-ups
• Maintain computer management of Archer’s fleet of Mac computers
• Maintain and manage Archer’s telephony platform
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Mac OS Sonoma and higher
• Knowledge of managing fleet of Macs in a enterprise environment, using JAMF or comparable Mac management tools
• Familiarity with iOS and MDM management tools
• Knowledge of (or ability & willingness to learn):
• Microsoft Office 365 Desktop Apps, i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Wireless devices, hardware, software and networking
• Integration of information technology in an educational environment
• Interactive technology
• The highest level of integrity and work ethic
• Collaborative work style
• Must be professional, mature, and diplomatic
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Physically able to lift 50 pounds and perform moderately strenuous tasks (e.g. carrying computer equipment up and down stairs) and to climb ladders to access equipment and wiring
Required Education & Experience:
• 5+ year’s work experience with information technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
To apply please visit: www.archer.org/careers.