Aspiring Mathematics Teacher in the Archer Teaching Apprenticeship Program
- 27 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1995, The Archer School for Girls is a contemporary girls’ school, grades 6 through 12, devoted to educating and empowering girls for leadership in the 21st century. We take a research-based approach to teaching and learning in an environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best. Archer has always been committed to reflecting the face of Greater Los Angeles. Forty-one percent of the student body are students of color and come from 76 different zip codes and 157 different feeder schools. We award $4 million in financial aid annually. Above all, Archer is known for its highly innovative programs and joyful culture. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter @ArcherSchool, Instagram @ArcherSchoolforGirls, or visit our website at www.archer.org.
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Integral to our mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where students and teachers can thrive personally and academically. We look for candidates who want to join our joyful and ambitious learning environment and contribute to the diversity of experience, background, and interest in LA’s Independent Schools.
About this job
Archer’s Teaching Apprenticeship offers new and aspiring teachers the opportunity to partner with expert educators in the classroom using the latest research on how our students learn and thrive. Apprentices get hands-on experience working alongside master faculty to develop a repertoire of future-facing educational practices. Archer is seeking candidates for the 2023-2024 school year. Ideal candidates have a growth-mindset, positive outlook, and a deep appreciation for the importance of working in a diverse and inclusive community. A passion for working with young people in a culture of teaching excellence is a must.
Annual Salary Range: $60,000 to $63,000
Roles & responsibilities
• co-teaching with a mentor in your discipline
• subbing across the curriculum
• participating in co-curricular school activities,
• providing administrative support as necessary
• supporting Archer Signature programs (i.e. Advanced Research, Artemis Center for Political Activism & Social Good, and Advanced Studies Symposium)
The Apprentice Program includes:
• Salary and full benefits
• Co-teaching up to 2 classes with expert mentor teacher
• Ongoing collaboration on curriculum and lesson design
• A formalized teacher education program including:
o Pedagogical instruction on research-based practices
o Apprentice learning cohort
o Individualized goal setting and ongoing planning and reflection meetings
o Formal and informal observations with feedback
o Resources to develop a repertoire of teaching tools and routines
• Participation in all internal Archer PD
• Professional networking opportunities
• Observation and collaboration with skilled teachers within and beyond subjects
• Peer support for professional growth, support, and reflection
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is necessary; a master’s degree and/or teaching credential is preferred.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.