Program Manager, Benefit & Incentives
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1996, SEE-LA is a leading Southern California nonprofit organization, connecting people to healthy food, promoting economic development, and building sustainable food systems. We operate the largest network of mission-driven farmers’ markets in Los Angeles as well as programs that provide nutrition education, food access, and opportunities for small regional farms and local food businesses to thrive. Our programs and activities include:
• Operating a network of community-based certified farmers’ markets in Los Angeles.
• Programs that stretch public nutrition benefits for the purchase of healthy foods.
• The Seasoned Accelerator which provides technical assistance and mentorship for micro and small food and beverage businesses.
• Providing extensive nutrition education programs to low-income families and to children in underserved schools.
• Coordinating food relief for local families struggling with food insecurity.
About this job
The Benefit and Incentives (B&I) Program Manager works with the Senior Manager, Farmers’ Market Programs, and with support from the Market Match Administrative Assistant to implement the Benefit and Incentives program at SEE-LA's farmers’ markets. The Program Manager will strategize and implement program promotion and outreach efforts, supervise and train on-site Market Match staff, organize program records and grant reports, develop processes and systems that refine this essential food access program, and support the implementation of SNAP and incentive voucher processing for SEE-LA's digital platform – eat!
Compensation & Benefits
• Market competitive salary, dependent on experience
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
• 160 hours Paid Time Off / year for first two years (increases year 3) plus 14.5 Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Option for 403b Retirement Plan
Roles & responsibilities
Administrative & Clerical:
• Track supply and purchasing budgets for EBT Market dollars and nutrition incentive currencies with support from the Market Match Administrative Assistant.
• Supervise Market Match Administrative Assistant in monthly reconciliation of EBT sales data.
• Ensure electronic Incentive logs are updated weekly with support from Market Match Administrative Assistant.
• Ensure that Market Managers and Market Match staff are trained in the use of market laptops and EBT POS devices.
• Refine program related administrative and clerical processes.
• Collaborate with the Digital Platform Program Manager on administering and tracking SNAP, Market Match, and other incentive vouchers supported by SEE-LA's digital platform.
Reports, Grants and Project Compliance
• Track and manage re-authorizations for SNAP EBT and WIC FMNP for all market sites.
• Track spend-down of incentives funds via monthly redemption reports.
• Prepare monthly Market Match invoice and report.
• Submit USDA FNS applications for new market sites and SEE-LA's digital platform.
• Ensure distribution of program related updates to market vendors.
Outreach & Program Promotion:
• Collaborate with Senior Manager, Market Match Administrative Assistant, and Market Managers to identify outreach priorities and create program-related Instagram content.
• Implement strategy to promote EBT, WIC, and Market Match across SEE-LA's markets particularly at new markets and on SEE-LA's digital platform.
• With support from Graphic Designer and Market Match Administrative Assistant, create outreach materials related to program updates and public benefit programs.
• Schedule community partners for CalFresh and WIC FMNP outreach events at markets.
• Strategize implementation of mass texting system for B&I market customers.
• Represent SEE-LA at relevant partner and local food access campaign meetings.
• Collaborate with Senior Manager, Farmers’ Market Programs on roll-out of LA County ARP Market Match project at SEE-LA farmers’ markets.
• Work with the Program Manager, Digital Platform on the implementation of SNAP processing through SEE-LA's digital platform.
• Manage small scale partnerships, such as one-off incentives or outreach projects.
• Assist Senior Manager, Farmers’ Market Programs with preparation of key data, success points and narratives for grant applications.
• Inform on program expansion opportunities and collaborations.
Staff Supervision and Training:
• Schedule and develop Market Match shift calendars.
• Cover in-market shifts if needed, and with support from the Senior Manager.
• Conduct site visits to assess and address operational and outreach needs.
• Organize Quarterly virtual B&I team meetings.
• Supervise and train Market Match staff on an ongoing basis.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop, and kneel to install computer equipment. Most work will take place indoors, but some work may take place outside in rainy, hot, or cold weather conditions, which may occasionally require standing for up to 2 hours or lifting as much as 25 lbs. May perform related duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with federal nutrition benefit programs including CalFresh EBT and Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants & Children (WIC).
• A minimum of 3 years coordinating or managing community programs, farmers’ markets, or related food systems projects.
• Excellent communication skills, particularly in speaking with diverse groups of people.
• Strong organizational and strategizing skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience with organizing and refining systems and operations.
• Demonstrated experience with developing community projects from ideation to implementation phases.
• Previous customer service, food retail, or farmers’ market experience.
• Experience with collecting and organizing data.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Instagram, and Canva platforms.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bilingual - English/Spanish.
• Experience living or working within any of SEE-LA farmers’ market communities, particularly South Los Angeles.
• Demonstrated commitment to working on projects that address food insecurity.
• Knowledge of key issues facing food insecure communities.
• Professional social media experience.
SEE-LA makes hiring decisions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, identity, or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from groups that have been historically underrepresented.
Opportunity open until filled.
DISCLAIMER: The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
email@example.com (Subject Line: Benefit & Incentives – Program Manager)