President & CEO
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Hope Through Empowerment
St. Joseph Center’s mission is to provide working poor families, as well as homeless men, women, and children of all ages with the inner resources and tools to become productive, stable and self-supporting members of the community.
Founded in 1976 by two Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in a small storefront on Rose Avenue in Venice, California, St. Joseph Center has evolved into a multi-faceted leading social service empowerment organization, reaching over 13,000 people each year through more than 25 programs throughout LA County. With a $50 million budget, staff of over 400 and more than 400 regular dedicated volunteers, St. Joseph Center helps people get back on their feet so they can live their healthiest, happiest lives.
For additional information, please visit www.stjosephctr.org.
About this job
With a seasoned executive leadership team, the dedicated Board of Directors and volunteers, and the backing of many supporters and partners in place, St. Joseph Center is seeking a visionary, strategic, impact-oriented and mission-driven leader as its next President & Chief Executive Officer.
The President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides strategic direction and overall leadership to St. Joseph Center (the Center) by articulating vision, setting goals, strengthening culture, and empowering the executive management team, while working collaboratively with the Board of Directors. The CEO is responsible for ensuring that the Center’s fiscal, operational, fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology, and program strategies are effectively implemented throughout the organization.
Roles & responsibilities
See the full scope of responsibilities here: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2225
• Competitive candidates will bring a track record of excellence in senior leadership positions, ideally from other complex nonprofit human service organizations.
• The CEO must demonstrate an ability to recruit, develop, inspire, and collaborate with a diverse staff. Excellent relationship-building skills and success in forming strong community partnerships are also essential.
• The CEO must have a solid understanding of effective, forward-looking fiscal management. Familiarity with the process and accountability required for government funding is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated successful experience in fundraising, program development and board relations will be highly valued.
• A commitment to applying an equity lens to their work and demonstrated experience centering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access as organizational values will be important.
• A degree in social work, human services management, public administration, nonprofit management, business administration, or a related field is preferred. However, a demonstrated successful track record serving in a senior leadership position of a similar organization will be considered of equivalent value to a degree.
• An understanding of current issues surrounding homelessness would be an asset and a commitment to the implementation of best practices for delivery of services is essential.
St. Joseph Center has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the President & CEO search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2225/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2225.