Manager, Programs and Recruitment
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Southern California Leadership Network (SCLN) is the region's most inclusive, broad-reaching civic and professional leadership training organization - focused squarely on supporting the development of compassionate, emotionally intelligent, cross-sector leaders.
SCLN envisions a more dynamic and prosperous region and state led by informed, collaborative, inspired, diverse and capable leaders. Our mission is to inspire, prepare and connect diverse leaders to drive change. Since 1987, SCLN has equipped more than 3,500 civic-minded individuals with the regional knowledge and the skills necessary to create and lead informed solutions addressing quality of life issues across Los Angeles, Southern California and the state. Among the alumni are exemplary individuals who have leveraged their SCLN experience and gone on to become some of the most innovative nonprofit leaders in Southern California, elected officials and public servants, and business leaders who are committed to serving all communities.
About this job
The Manager of Programs and Recruitment will “own” the logistical and administrative aspects of the SCLN candidate, fellow and alumni experience. This individual represents SCLN as the first and main contact for interested candidates and accepted fellows and helps to advance SCLN’s mission by supporting the design and implementation of SCLN fellowship and alumni programs.
In addition to being part of a dynamic and collaborative team, working at SCLN offers the opportunity to travel throughout the region, gaining exposure to the trends, issues, assets and solutions shaping Southern California. Team members also get to meet with local leaders and subject-matter experts and build relationships with fellows and alumni, diverse civic-minded leaders who go on to become some of the most innovative nonprofit leaders, elected officials and public servants, and business leaders in Southern California.
Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual and we’ve transitioned to a hybrid work-from-home environment. SCLN’s programs are delivered both in-person and virtually. Reliable transportation is required to travel to seminar and event locations throughout Southern California; Wi-Fi access is required for virtual seminars and events.
COMPENSATION: As our MANAGER of Programs and Recruitment you’ll work full-time including some Saturdays and evenings. You’ll join us earning $60,000/year as an exempt, benefits eligible employee.
BENEFITS: Upon successful completion of the Introductory Period, full-time employee benefits include:
• Hybrid Location = Remote + 2 – 4 days/month on-site in Downtown Los Angeles and/or surrounding region
• Unlimited Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay (13 organization holidays/year plus end-of-year office closure)
• 401(k) + match
• Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Life & Long-term Disability
• Monthly work-from-home stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires:
• Work may be performed in a fast-paced environment, depending upon assignment.
• Reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
• Ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Roles & responsibilities
Program Planning and Logistics
• Manage end-to-end planning for all SCLN fellowships and alumni events, including but not limited to identifying and confirming seminar venues; conducting site visits; coordinating catering, transportation and audio-visual; organizing in-person excursions; managing invoicing; serving as the primary contact for all vendors and hosts on the day of the event; and leading staff production meetings.
• Oversee organization, preparation and dissemination of all materials for SCLN fellowships and events, including but not limited to onboarding (class roster); orientation (name badges, tent cards, binders, other supplies); seminars (pre-reading, agendas, follow-up resources, speaker bios, excursion ballots, speaker/trainer materials); graduation and events (RSVP lists, graduation certificates).
• Manage speaker preparation and communication.
• Support the design and delivery of program content in partnership with Director, Programs and Evaluation through content development and delivery for all SCLN programs.
• Maintain all program-related databases with other SCLN Staff.
• Own recruitment and selection process for all SCLN fellowships, including development of recruitment strategies in partnership with other SCLN staff; leading information sessions; managing recruitment marketing process; and managing interview and selection process.
• Plan, design and lead outreach efforts throughout Southern California, including building and cultivating relationships with collaborative partners, groups, and organizations.
• Responsible for meeting annual revenue goals related to tuition.
• 3-4 years hands-on experience in managing recruitment, events or trainings, program management or other related field (ideally experienced in implementing both virtual and in-person events)
• Extensive experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree will be considered
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Zoom
• High degree of comfort working with websites and project management software a plus
• Exceptional ability to clearly communicate and present verbally and in writing, both internally and externally
• Share our passion for civic engagement, leadership development and creating positive, equitable change
• Ability to think BIG while implementing projects large and small with excellence; enjoy working within a small, highly collaborative and supportive organization that is undergoing change
• Thrives in being a team player eager to lend a hand where needed and who is comfortable engaging with and supporting high-level corporate and community leaders
• This position requires light travel on a monthly basis to locations throughout Southern California, potential overnight stays outside of L.A. County – must possess a valid driver’s license, own or have access to reliable transportation with proof of insurance and valid registration
• From September through April, seminars are also held on one Saturday per month
• Occasional late afternoon and evening hours
• Present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include in the subject line of the email: Manager, Programs and Recruitment. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2022.