Market Match Assistant, Echo Park and Hollywood Farmers' Markets
- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
SEE-LA’s mission is to build sustainable food systems and promote social and cultural activities that benefit both low-to-moderate income residents of Los Angeles while also supporting California small- and mid-sized farms and local small businesses
About this job
Must be available Fridays 2:30-7:30p, Sundays 7:30a-1p, + occasional on-call shifts. The Market Match Assistant works under the direction of the Program Manager, Benefits & Incentives to provide customer service and site support for the implementation of Benefits and Incentives programs, such as Market Match, at our farmers’ markets.
These programs play a vital role in our food access and equity work. Market Match and other incentives for EBT and WIC users help make fresh, locally grown produce more affordable for the low-income customers we serve by providing a dollar-for-dollar “match” in the form of vouchers when they shop at our farmers’ markets. We have implemented Market Match and other nutrition incentives programs for 10+ years, and proudly offer these programs at all our farmers’ markets.
Roles & responsibilities
• Administer CalFresh EBT and Market Match transactions for market customers.
• Educate customers about Market Match and other nutrition incentive programs.
• Educate customers on where to apply for CalFresh benefits.
• Direct customers to vendors accepting WIC benefits as needed.
• Assist with communicating important program and community updates to customers.
• Assist with annual surveys of customer base per grant evaluation requirements.
• Assist Market Manager(s) as needed with communication about program operations and updates to farmers/vendors on market day.
• Assist the Market Match Associate with program outreach and promotion as needed.
• Participate in quarterly Benefits and Incentives team meetings (typically virtual).
• Bilingual English/Spanish skills desired.
• Experience with or knowledge of farmers’ markets, food security and nutrition issues preferred.
• Familiarity with federal nutrition benefit programs including CalFresh/SNAP/EBT, and Women Infants &
Children (WIC) programs a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - comfortable communicating with the public.
• Retail or farmers’ market experience highly desired.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with data collection desired.
• Introductory level knowledge and/or experience working with Excel sheets.
Please submit resume via email to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Market Match Assistant – Hollywood/Northeast L.A.)