Program Coordinator - The Rebel Garden Project
- 19 days ago
- Employment type
- Part-time, temporary
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
RuckusRoots is a Los Angeles-based grassroots nonprofit focused on art-making as a way to build a more sustainable future. We partner with local artists and underserved urban communities to provide free, accessible opportunities to learn, make, connect and grow. We provide these opportunities to anyone who needs or wants them. We believe that when individuals connect with the natural world through positive, creative experiences, they become better stewards of the environment and more compassionate citizens of the world.
Our vision is a creative, enlivened and ecologically-sound Los Angeles for all.
About this job
RuckusRoots Seeks Project Coordinator for Rebel Garden Project in South L.A
RuckusRoots seeks a professional, passionate, and detail-oriented person with experience in the arts, sustainability and grassroots social justice. We are looking for someone to help us coordinate one of our programs, The Rebel Garden Project (RGP) for the 2022/2023 school year. This part-time, hourly position requires someone who thrives working independently on admin tasks, but also enjoys being “in the field” attending and assisting with in-person art, gardening and community-centered programming. You can learn more about the Rebel Garden Project on our website.
Our ideal candidate will be from the South L.A community, a direct communicator, an independent problem-solver, and is willing to jump in on anything and everything when needed in order to keep this program running smoothly and effectively!
Roles & responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Attending all in-person and online planning and events as the point of contact between the RGP program site, RuckusRoots Program Facilitators and RuckusRoots Program Director (AKA you will act as our eyes, ears, voice, and hands on site!)
- Initiating regular check-ins with host site and facilitators, gathering and giving feedback to improve program and building relationships for future programs
- Jumping in as needed as hands-on program assistant to facilitator(s)
- Assisting in the planning and running of special events (occasionally)
- Bringing supplies to program site, assisting with set-up and clean-up, and inventory supplies upon program’s conclusion or future programs
- Helping stay on track of budget for the program
- Disseminating and collecting pre/post evaluations and surveys for the RGP
- Potentially, may be asked to help with other workshops/programs in the area
- Taking and tracking attendance of RGP facilitators and interns
- Documenting program with images and video
- Organizing documentation in Dropbox with correct file type and size
- *The ability to edit short videos and post on YouTube is a huge plus!*
- Organize, attend and facilitate meetings/trainings pertaining to the Rebel Garden Project (RGP)
- Act as a liaison between RR staff, RGP facilitators, on-site staff and other to ensure everyone is informed and program is running smoothly day-to-day
- Manage email, call/text correspondence with RR leadership and RGP staff promptly and effectively
- A passion for leading, teaching and working with young people, especially systems-impacted youth
- An ability to speak to, and work with, groups of all shapes and sizes, and in a variety of settings
- Your excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong interpersonal and clear communication skills (“people person”)
- The ability to multitask and be a team player
- Self-motivation and drive
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Dropbox, Word, Canva and/or Adobe Suite, iCal, Airtable, Mailchimp and Squarespace (photo and video editing a plus! )
- A personal computer, smartphone, car, hi-speed internet access
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references by August 1st.