AmeriCorps Program Coordinator
- 20 days ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid City Los Angeles, Downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena
- Closing date
About this organization
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service.
About this job
Interested in empowering students to become confident readers and lifelong learners? Join Reading Partners as an AmeriCorps Program Coordinator!
Reading Partners Los Angeles has school sites in the following neighborhoods: Pasadena, Mid-City LA, Downtown LA, and South LA.
The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners in elementary schools, responsible for leading the coordination, operations, and relationship development of Reading Partners’ one-on-one tutoring programs. AmeriCorps members serve full-time from August/September, 2023 through June/July, 2024 and must commit to a service term of 1,700+ hours.
Roles & responsibilities
What you’ll do:
- Lead the full-time coordination and operations of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs at a school partner.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations and schedule of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs to ensure the program meets students’ learning needs.
- Provide ongoing tutoring to students.
- Manage student and tutor data records, and track student progress.
- Provide direct technical support to students and volunteers when using Reading Partners’ online tutoring program.
- Forge and maintain positive relationships with students, families, tutors, and school staff to create a welcoming tutoring environment.
- Lead family, student, and volunteer engagement support within your reading center.
- Motivate students in their learning journeys and manage student behavior.
Guide, coach, and provide feedback and ongoing support to volunteer tutors.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Hold a high school degree or GED (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Have a willingness to learn about tutoring strategies
- Demonstrate patience when working with students who need help learning
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Are able to work independently or with limited supervision
- Can commit to a schedule and be punctual which is essential to the position
Interact effectively with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrate the ability to be an effective and professional role model for students served
- Boast a deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values
- Can prove eligibility to work in the United States legally
- COVID-19 vaccination is required unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
Submit an application here:
To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org