- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- Southern California (remote)
- Closing date
About this organization
The Public Health Alliance of a Southern California (Public Health Alliance) is a coalition of the executive leadership of ten local health departments in Southern California, whose members have a statutory responsibility for the health of nearly 60% of the state’s population. The Public Health Alliance works to mobilize the transformative power of local public health for enduring health equity. We believe that Southern California should be a place where everyone has the opportunities and resources necessary to live a healthy and productive life. To learn more about the Alliance’s meaningful work visit https://www.thepublichealthalliance.org/. The Public Health Alliance is fiscally administered by the Public Health Institute.
About this job
The Public Health Alliance of Southern California (Public Health Alliance), is seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator to provide coordination support for a variety of administrative functions, including finance, contracting, purchasing, reimbursements, scheduling and meeting support. The Operations Coordinator will support the Executive Director by managing their calendar and coordinating meetings with the Public Health Alliance team, Leadership Council and outside parties.
Compensation & Other Position Details
• Pay: The typical hiring range for this position is $60,000 to $70,000 based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
• This is a full-time, remote position with a preference for candidates located in Southern California.
• Occasional travel may be required throughout the Southern California region and the State of California post-pandemic.
• The Public Health Alliance is fiscally administered by the Public Health Institute (PHI). This position is eligible for PHI’s full suite of benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and generous time off.
• The application deadline is October 7, 2022.
Roles & responsibilities
• Manage the daily schedule of the Executive Director (ED) and work closely with them to ensure efficient and timely calendaring of internal/external meetings and phone calls
• Field incoming requests and help prioritize tasks for the ED.
• Assist with onboarding new staff on administrative processes
• Provide support in the preparation for meetings including printing materials, confirming meetings, sending out meeting logistics and call information
• Review, prepare and process credit card reconciliation statements, invoices and other routine finance tasks, and create systems for tracking
• Organize, systematize, and maintain files
• Create manuals of office protocols as needed
• Coordinate ED’s public appearances, meetings, and travel
• Create and maintain current list of public appearances, publications, and press mentions for ED
• Exercise excellent judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
• Process expense reports and reimbursements for ED
• Manage contacts for ED, prioritizing key communications and contacts
• Lead, and execute on various team events, socials, and offsite meetings
• Collate agenda items for all-staff meeting agenda items; take detailed meeting minutes
• Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between collaborators
• Support proposal development and submissions
• Other administrative duties, including editing and formatting documents, and copying
Meeting and Event Planning and Support
• Manage logistics for staff meetings and other events
• Facilitate travel logistics (flights, visas, hotel, travel insurance)
• Manage registrations for main conference events for ED and other team as needed
• Draft and send invitations to Alliance events, manage RSVP’s, and confirm participation
• Provide support for meetings such as scheduling, preparing materials, editing, and formatting documents, materials, and reports, e-mailing reminders, taking and transcribing minutes, providing audio-visual support, room set-up and break-down, and ordering food/drinks
Communication System Development and Maintenance
• Maintain program’s communication systems, including accurate databases (creating, populating, and maintaining), multiple e-mail lists and contact lists, and respond to phone and e-mail requests in a prompt and courteous manner
• Serve as the point of entry for general phone and e-mail inquiries, responding or redirecting as needed
• Help with program website by adding new information, updating existing information, and coordinating entries from other colleagues
• Utilize Google Analytics and other appropriate web metric services to analyze user data and recommend changes to web content and/or format
• Serve as liaison to web developer, as needed, ensuring that requested changes from staff are implemented in a timely fashion.
• Additional duties as assigned by the ED or other team members
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience, including at least 1-2 years’ experience supporting a C-level Executive
• Associate degree is required, or substitute with two additional years of related experience.
• Experience with web-based scheduling, conferencing, and collaboration tools
• Experience with complex schedules and logistics
• Proven ability to interact professionally with internal team and collaborators
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365
• Ability to work on multiple projects, lead priorities and accurately set expectations
• Extraordinary time management skills, attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies; experience in using technology to improve work efficiency
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Excellent common sense and ability to make appropriate judgment calls
• Works well with a variety of personalities; embraces teamwork
• Ability to travel occasionally throughout the Southern California region and the State of California post-pandemic if needed.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Please apply at https://www.phi.org/employment/current-opportunities/operations-coordinator/ and submit a cover letter and resume as part of your application. Paper or email applications will not be considered