Senior Director of Programs and Operations
- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- Full-time, Exempt
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Proyecto Pastoral was founded in 1986 by community residents and the California Province of Jesuits. Our mission is to empower the community of Boyle Heights through grassroots projects in education, leadership, and service. Proyecto has grown into a highly effective community-based organization that focuses on building reciprocal relationships with residents so they are empowered to create change in their own lives and in the life of the community.
About this job
To assist Proyecto in its mission, Proyecto seeks a Senior Director of Programs and Operations with team leadership acumen and nonprofit leadership fortitude. The Senior Director of Programs and Operations works in close coordination with the Associate Director to support the advancement of Proyecto's vision by building collaborative and positive working relationships and effective communication channels with team members, community members, and partners while effectively managing direct reports and providing mentorship in professional development. She/he/they will report to the Associate Director . Proyecto Pastoral is going through organizational transition and remains focused on community centered programming across all programs.
Roles & responsibilities
Program Development and Collaboration
● Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Senior Director of Programs and Operations shall be responsible for working with and supporting program directors in the planning, development and management of programs and initiatives.
● Leads and supervises program directors on day-to-day responsibilities and through the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies that strengthen the reach, impact, and effectiveness of Proyecto Pastoral’s strategic goals.
● Foster a culture that promotes teamwork and professional growth while establishing clear performance standards.
● Lead the implementation of structures for communication, coordination, collaboration, and learning discussions across the director team and programs.
● Work with program directors and development director to identify and respond to funding prospects and effectively communicate impact, outcomes, strategies, and resources needed.
● Work closely with the director team to identify, develop, and implement operational process improvements to ensure high organizational efficiency and effective service delivery as Proyecto continues to grow.
● In partnership with the director team, identify organizational needs and gaps while building off of strengths and assets.
● Collaborates with the HR Manager to develop a staff development program to support staff personal and professional growth.
● Develops a strong understanding of Proyecto Pastoral’s contracts and agreements; and works with staff (program, finance and development) to monitor and ensure adherence to agreements.
● Works with program directors and evaluation staff to establish, monitor and evaluate program objectives and key performance indicators.
● Works closely with the program directors and executive team to identify, develop, and implement operational process improvements to ensure high organizational efficiency and effective service delivery as Proyecto continues to grow.
● Oversees daily operations of the programs
● Ensures that all facilities and equipment are well maintained, safe and secure
● Makes recommendations for Proyecto policies, procedures and technologies to ensure and promote employee safety.
● Responsible for reviewing and negotiating all vendor contracts.
● Ensures safe work practices and conditions.
General Team Responsibilities
● Monitor the health of the organization and make specific recommendations to nurture a healthy organization culture.
● Implement all activities with a focus on relationship building and community centered lens while strengthening connections among participants, staff, partners, and community members.
● Serve as a liaison with key external stakeholders, developing effective relationships and partnerships.
● Be familiar with Proyecto Pastoral’s Employee Handbook, operational policies and procedures, and employee benefits.
● Demonstrate enthusiasm for Proyecto Pastoral and a strong commitment to its mission, including its community-building vision and founding Jesuit values.
● Be an active team member supporting other staff members.
● Participate in Proyecto Pastoral events and activities.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, vacation, sick days, holidays, and 401k plan.
Salary: $75K + Commensurate, depending on experience
● 7-9 years of progressive high-level leadership experience in nonprofit management; experience working with collective impact models, community building, and social justice organizations.
● High level of trust and integrity practices.
● Master’s degree preferred in relevant areas such as Public Policy, Social Work, etc.
● Proven ability to research, analyze, and communicate progress on a variety of issues related to education, homelessness, children and youth, and organizing.
● Proven ability to facilitate conflict transformation
● Enthusiastic team builder with strong leadership skills including: relationship building, planning, communication, and coaching diverse staff.
● Experience in monitoring and evaluating program performance in social impact.
● Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills with high attention to priority and detail.
● Excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
● Strong strategic, conceptual, and critical-thinking abilities.
● Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues and partners.
● Personal presence to represent Proyecto in diverse forums and organizational relationships.
● Must work well independently and within a team and demonstrate a high degree of initiative, flexibility, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity.
● Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database experience.
● Ability to speak Spanish preferred
● Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to meet organization’s minimum auto insurance requirements.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Senior Director of Programs and Operations” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consultants should not apply. We are interested in hiring a full-time staff member to join our team.