Community Schools Coordinator- Roosevelt High School
- 10 days ago
- Employment type
- Full-time, Non-Exempt
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Promesa’s mission is to improve conditions in Boyle Heights at the individual, school, and systems-level by building a movement of partner organizations, students, and families collaborating to close the opportunity gap and strengthen supports for students from cradle through college and career. For more information, visit: www.promesaboyleheights.org.
About this job
The Community School Coordinator will successfully implement the Community-School model at Roosevelt High School and provide continuity in already established relationships with community partners, administrators and other school staff. Promesa’s unique partnership between schools, families, and community partners aims to ensure student success, leadership development, and the integration of academic and wellness strategies. The coordinator will manage relationships, facilitate meetings and trainings, analyze academic and community data for team learning and discussion, and drive the implementation of key initiatives at Roosevelt High School.
Roles & responsibilities
Community School Model Implementation
● Build and maintain relationships with a wide-range of partners. These include youth, parents, educators, community partners, and institutional leaders;
● Facilitate community partner meetings and ensure ongoing communication;
● Assess needs and gaps in the schools and help leverage partnerships, systems, and resources to address academic and wellness gaps in the school and community;
● Develop and manage operating plans, timeline, and delegation of tasks for key initiatives;
● In collaboration with Senior Manager for Community Schools, provide updates regarding CS model implementation to Roosevelt Principal, administrative staff and other school-based stakeholders.
School-Based: Capacity Building
● Facilitate monthly Academic and Wellness Partner meetings and ensure ongoing communication and progress towards shared goals
● Co-create structures for bringing in resources and workshops to parents and the community on topics that were elevated during the needs assessment and asset mapping process (e.g. wellness, housing, immigration, etc.) with the support of the Senior Manager for Community Schools
● Assist with planning and coordination of professional development opportunities for teachers on topics that were elevated during needs assessment and asset mapping process (e.g. socio-emotional learning strategies, Restorative Justice, supporting students in crisis, etc.) with the support of the Senior Manager for Community Schools
School-Based: Data and Evaluation
● In collaboration with the Senior Manager for Community Schools, the CS Coordinator will implement systems/tools on the use of academic & wellness data to inform learning & growth among various partners while fostering leadership and professional development.
● Support in the collection, design and implement quantitative and qualitative evaluation and reporting tools;
● Support in assessing data to inform strategy for the implementation of the Community School model at Roosevelt High school
● Participate in weekly team meetings, check-ins, professional development, and retreats
● Support linkages to other focus areas: Early Education, Ed Justice Organizing work, Post-Secondary, etc.
● Support all-hands-on-deck events (e.g. General Assemblies, Steering Committees Meetings.) and implementation of the Strategic Plan
● Assist with data collection and reporting for grants (in partnership with Promesa staff)
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● 1+ year experience with program management, youth development or parent engagement preferred
● Knowledge of collective-impact models, youth development, instructional practices, or community organizing is a plus;
● Detail-oriented with effective time management skills.
● Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to be an effective team player and to work independently.
● Ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment; willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the work.
● Experience leading or participating in a community-based initiative, collaborative, collective impact, or coalition.
● Spanish-speaking ability or Boyle Heights lived experience is a BIG plus;
Current resume, letter of interest, and 3 references should be sent electronically to email@example.com with the subject line: PBH Community Schools Coordinator positions will be accepted until the position is filled. We encourage interested applicants to submit as soon as possible.